Slow month on recruiting front. | The Boneyard

Slow month on recruiting front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Yeah, it's already July 2 and we don't have a single new recruit. What the hell's wrong with Diaco and his staff?

Reaction Score
Yeah, it's already July 2 and we don't have a single new recruit. What the hell's wrong with Diaco and his staff?
Lol....and probably no visits this weekend either with the nations celebration!

Reaction Score

Football – Division I – Bowl Subdivision

July 1-13 – Dead Period: One call per week permitted to JUCOs and 2014 HS grads

No

face-to-face contact, or evaluation, permitted at any location

July 14-31 – Quiet Period: One call per week to JUCOS and 2014 HS grads
Face-to-face contact permitted on-campus only

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Football – Division I – Bowl Subdivision

July 1-13 – Dead Period: One call per week permitted to JUCOs and 2014 HS grads

No

face-to-face contact, or evaluation, permitted at any location

July 14-31 – Quiet Period: One call per week to JUCOS and 2014 HS grads
Face-to-face contact permitted on-campus only

Are calls or face-to-face contacts permitted with prospective 2015 HS grads?

Reaction Score
Are calls or face-to-face contacts permitted with prospective 2015 HS grads?

These quiet and dead periods are easily circumvented by college coaches calling recruits high school coaches to tell them to have a certain player call them.

High school players can call college coaches anytime, IIRC.

Reaction Score
this is a slow period too. But how come Diaco hasn't offered Koby Quansah for 2016 yet??!! He's a 4star LB from West Hartord. BC, Rutgers, and Syracuse have already offered him. He's from our backyard and and somehow the out of state programs are after him before we are?? I appreciate that we missed out on christian wilkins and Chris Clark, but come on. Anyone have an inside scoop on him?

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Koby-Quansah-161321

Reaction Score
this is a slow period too. But how come Diaco hasn't offered Koby Quansah for 2016 yet??!! He's a 4star LB from West Hartord. BC, Rutgers, and Syracuse have already offered him. He's from our backyard and and somehow the out of state programs are after him before we are?? I appreciate that we missed out on christian wilkins and Chris Clark, but come on. Anyone have an inside scoop on him?

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Koby-Quansah-161321
Idk if you are serious, but he was at a practice recently with another KO teammate

Reaction Score
Idk if you are serious, but he was at a practice recently with another KO teammate
how come no offer yet then? Unless the websites haven't been updated. I saw that he visited the campus which is a good sign-hopefully he schedules many more visits soon.

Reaction Score
"Quansah, 6-foot-0 and 212 pounds, currently has offers from Boston College, Rutgers, Syracuse and Rhode Island. Did the topic of an offer from the Huskies come up during this visit?"

"The crazy part is no," he said. "Even after meeting with him three times, but I'm not worried."

Reaction Score
"Quansah, 6-foot-0 and 212 pounds, currently has offers from Boston College, Rutgers, Syracuse and Rhode Island. Did the topic of an offer from the Huskies come up during this visit?"

"The crazy part is no," he said. "Even after meeting with him three times, but I'm not worried."

2016 linebacker Koby Quansah of West Hartford (Conn.) Kingswood Oxford has positioned himself as one of the top players to watch in the state next year. Earlier this week he made his way to UConn to try and earn an offer from the Huskies.

They moved me to safety for camp and things went really well, but not as great as it would have at linebacker because it's not as natural for me," said Quansah. "But I still had a good day. No offer, but Coach Dex and Coach Diaco said they liked watching me at safety because I'm capable to play there."

"Quansah, 6-foot-1 and 205 pounds, gave some more insight on the coaching staff.

"I liked them all," he said. "I got more of a feel for coach Dex since I was with him. He's a cool dude. We joked around and got to know each other a little bit while still doing work during the drills."

During his stay on campus, he did have a chance to speak with the coaching staff as it relates to his future with UConn.

"We talked a little bit during the team meeting before the position drills started and then after camp," said Quansah. "They said with their defense I would be best at safety unless I grow a couple inches."

Because of his proximity to the school, for Quansah it was not his first time on campus as he also camped at UConn last summer and has attended a couple of basketball games.

Quansah does not have any additional college camps scheduled, but will participate at the Rivals Underclassman Challenge down in Florida in a couple of weeks.

"I've been doing team lifts and workouts, then going on more runs to make sure I'm not winded with the different weather and air pressure down in Florida, but that's making me lose weight so i gotta cut that a little," said Quansah. "And I'm also taking things from camps and working on them at home."

Overall, Quansah already has offers from Rutgers, Syracuse and Rhode Island. Along with UConn, other schools that have been showing increased interest recently include Boston College, UMass and Duke.

UConnReport.com will continue to stay in touch with Quansah to see how his recruiting process progresses with the Huskies in the coming months.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know how many offers UConn has made to the 2016 class so far? If the answer is zero, then there's no mystery as to why Quansah hasn't been offered yet.

It might be as simple as HCBD wants to see a little more how things shake out with the 2015 offers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Does anyone know how many offers UConn has made to the 2016 class so far? If the answer is zero, then there's no mystery as to why Quansah hasn't been offered yet.

It might be as simple as HCBD wants to see a little more how things shake out with the 2015 offers.
Is it too early to start making a 2016 recruiting thread? I'll leave it to Dynasty and HuskyMedic to decide.

Reaction Score
Is it too early to start making a 2016 recruiting thread? I'll leave it to Dynasty and HuskyMedic to decide.

Had asked someone to start one and pinned it - it was created but it got deleted over the weekend - not really sure why. Was going to start the "2016 list".

Reaction Score
Jacob and Koby at uconn practice

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 110
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors