Slot Receiver or Fullback? | The Boneyard

Slot Receiver or Fullback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With a new OC, is there any sense of what our base package will be?
Or will it be a wait and see on Thursday night?

Interested to see Foxx operate in the slot, but curious to see if Walsh can bring pass catching skills to the FB position. I guess as long as we don't slam #43 between the tackles for 3 straight downs, it's an improvement.

Reaction Score
I would imagine this year, we still go with the FB more than the 3 wide to start. I'm not sure that we can trust ourselves to not turn the ball over if we went with a true hurry up spread. With more and more time under our belt in this offense, you'll start to see the extra wideouts far more.

Just an educated guess here.

Reaction Score
After reading Jim Fuller's recap of pre-season camp I think the days of slamming McCoombs inside the tackles are over. I think he can be a game changer in the right
ststem..but running a 5-8 160+ lb rb who goes dwn easily between the tackles is not comsucive to a high scoring offense.

Reaction Score
I like both posts here. I am also interested to see what the changes will be to the offense. We need to be more competent and forceful on offense. I hope they run to the line and get the next snap in under 15 seconds to keep the opposing defense on their heals, even if its a standard 21 pro set. I agree no more slamming McCombs up the middle repeatedly, we have to vary it up and use all of our weapons. I also agree with you Sean I think we start with more FB sets at first especially against Towson where we aren't trying to reveal our playbook repertoire. I agree as well with the confidence aspect. I'm sure they want to ease Whitmer into more of the spread 3 and 4 Wr sets.. We know his decision making has been poor, so I think we don't try and overload him all at once. I think you see maybe 7-10 plays out of the spread against Towson. And only maybe 5 or so of those where he is reading progressions and making tough decisions (ie. not throwing some sort of screen, or handing off). Only time will tell.....Getting pumped though, GO HUSKIES!

Reaction Score
I agree with everything except the revealing playbook idea. This has been said in the past, and as it turned out that the playbook we saw early on was the playbook we saw the rest of the season. If it's in the book and you need to use it, use it. The game condition reps will only help. At the end of the day who cares if they have seen it, if you can out execute them then it won't matter, and the only way to get better at it, is to use it.

Reaction Score
One of the receivers told me to expect a lot of 3 receiver sets and occasionally 4.

THC

Reaction Score
With a new OC, is there any sense of what our base package will be?
Or will it be a wait and see on Thursday night?

Interested to see Foxx operate in the slot, but curious to see if Walsh can bring pass catching skills to the FB position. I guess as long as we don't slam #43 between the tackles for 3 straight downs, it's an improvement.

DeLorenzo has excellent hands catching balls out of the backfield. He was also an all-state guard in basketball.

Reaction Score
I think it will depend more on the o-line being able to pass protect. I expect much more 3 wr sets but can the TE's develop and block as well. Lots of questions on O. He might just let Whitmer chuck it around in shotgun and no huddle. But can he trust him to do that, I guess we have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom