Slightly OT: UConn Eyeing Another Championship | The Boneyard

Slightly OT: UConn Eyeing Another Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was at the gym this morning and although there was no sound, I saw something on one of the televisions on ESPN about the "Heroic Four" featuring UConn, Tennessee, Alabama, and UT-Arlington. Turns out some UConn nerds have gotten to some e-sport "Final Four" playing some unrecognizable (to me) video game.

Legitimate enough to join the ranks of other UConn championships (in which many include the paintball championship from last decade)?

I wonder in which dorm they have been gathering to practice.

Reaction Score
Apparently it's "Heroes of the Storm," which isn't something I was aware of before googling it just now, but it's made by Blizzard, so I'm sure it's decently big, but it has only existed for a year.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I was at the gym this morning and although there was no sound, I saw something on one of the televisions on ESPN about the "Heroic Four" featuring UConn, Tennessee, Alabama, and UT-Arlington. Turns out some UConn nerds have gotten to some e-sport "Final Four" playing some unrecognizable (to me) video game.

Legitimate enough to join the ranks of other UConn championships (in which many include the paintball championship from last decade)?

I wonder in which dorm they have been gathering to practice.

E-'sports' are becoming bigger and bigger. Whether that's good or not is beyond me. Kids are getting sponsors, pep rallies, and yep, groupies. Heck, they even have drug issues (things like adderall).

So, yes, we are claiming that FF. A forward thinking university's gotta be ahead of the curve on this.

Reaction Score
This aint no joke I know (not personally) people who get played 7 figures playing League of Legends. E-sports is only getting bigger and bigger by the year

Reaction Score
As someone who has loosely followed "e-sports" for about ten years this thread gave me a good laugh. Cool to see though

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We can't compete.

Arizona State had like a souped-up Xbox One and we were using a Sega Genesis with duct-tape holding together a few of the controllers.

Motherf---ing P5 nonsense.

Reaction Score
Did we remember to take the cartridge out and blow on it? That could have saved us precious time.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Here they are, The Tricky Turtles:

750x422

(yes, this was the photo the Courant went with)

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
This should be the first image listed when someone Google's "virgin".

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
GREAT photo (by the Courant no less - probably made by a student and given to the Courant)
Good Luck guys
Not being mean but this looks like UConn's Big Bang Theory cast of guys

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members