Slightly OT - ACC Championship Game (is a joke) | The Boneyard

Slightly OT - ACC Championship Game (is a joke)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I think this is a typo. Remember -- they solved their championship game ticket problem when they finally moved the games from Florida to Charlotte.

and by having two of their 'football' schools play in the game.

Reaction Score
They need to lose the neutral site and play the game at the highest rated BCS teams home Stadium, much like the PAC-12 does and what the NNBE was going to do. Much more excitement can be generated in this manner.

Reaction Score
The ACC Championship game never made a whole lot of sense. the concept had always been Miami vs. Florida State with very occassional participation by one of the Techs. I actually favor having the game be a home game for one team. You can do it any number of ways. alternate divisions, go by highest ranking, go by best league record, common opponents...But the idea that a neutral site game would make sense in almost any conference but the big 10 or the SEC is crazy.

Reaction Score
The ACC Championship game never made a whole lot of sense. the concept had always been Miami vs. Florida State with very occassional participation by one of the Techs. I actually favor having the game be a home game for one team. You can do it any number of ways. alternate divisions, go by highest ranking, go by best league record, common opponents...But the idea that a neutral site game would make sense in almost any conference but the big 10 or the SEC is crazy.

The neutral site game requires three things: a conference full of large, travelling, fan bases; a geography that lets people drive to the game from almost all member schools (since air tickets can't be purchased a month ahead of time and will always be expensive); and true football fans where a third of the seats will be purchased by locals or out of towners where they are not counting on seeing their own team. There are exactly two conferences that can make this work.

Reaction Score
Classic line:

"A tour of Bank of America Stadium, when no game is being played, much less one that will determine a trip to a BCS bowl, costs $5 for adults. So, if you were thinking of taking that tour of the empty stadium, you can save yourself a buck and just buy a ticket to see Florida State and Georgia Tech play on Saturday night."

Reaction Score
God please let GT pull this game out!

Lets see if the reaction is anywhere near as bad as when we got the BCS bid. GT would be 7-6 going to a BCS Game!

Reaction Score
God please let GT pull this game out!

Lets see if the reaction is anywhere near as bad as when we got the BCS bid. GT would be 7-6 going to a BCS Game!

Of course it won't be. That isn't really a question, is it?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The problem is that Georgia Tech has as much a chance to win as 22 random posters taken from the Boneyard. I look forward to a blimp shot taken from a 47-3 game in the third quarter.

I saw that GT's AD promised Johnson a bowl game at 6-7. Don't see how that happens. There are 70 bowl eligible teams without GT and 3 teams playing this weekend to get eligible.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Didn't UCLA go 6-7 last year and need a waiver to get into a bowl? Or was that only if they had won the Pac-12 Championship last season?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Didn't UCLA go 6-7 last year and need a waiver to get into a bowl? Or was that only if they had won the Pac-12 Championship last season?

They did. And 6-7 teams were supposed to be behind 6-6 teams this year. That is what I didn't get about the promise.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
7-6 GT ACC champ... UConn 45, Virginia 10... FSU is still an elite team but hasn't won the ACC since 2006 (?)...

Don't you all get it? IT DOESN'T MATTER. The ACC is one of the best football leagues in the country, so no, GT won't get as much heat as UConn did in 2011 Fiesta Bowl. They will be considered good because they would have won the ACC. We weren't because we won the Big East. Our Temple loss in 2010 was awful, their loss to Middle Tennessee St. by three TD's, at home, this year will be wiped under the rug. They're a football school, y'all.

PS. MTSU lost to McNeese St. this year.

Reaction Score
It's funny you guys are ragging on this when all of those programs (BC and Duke included) are in a better spot than we are.

Reaction Score
It's funny you guys are ragging on this when all of those programs (BC and Duke included) are in a better spot than we are.

Until this merry-go-round stops spinning - who knows who's in a better spot?

Reaction Score
Until this merry-go-round stops spinning - who knows who's in a better spot?
Them. They are. I would unequivocally rather be in the ACC than the NNNNNNNNNNBE.

Unless something crazy happens, our best case scenario is where they are now.

Reaction Score
Them. They are. I would unequivocally rather be in the ACC than the NNNNNNNNNNBE.

Unless something crazy happens, our best case scenario is where they are now.

If it makes you sleep better....

Reaction Score

So that means what? Until the day comes where we are part of their mess they are still the enemy in my eyes. I will be rooting for GT, and I will be LMAO if it happens! I may even remind them a time or two that even the crappy BE who you keep taking teams from never sent a 7-6 team to a BCS game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom