slightly [off topic] Shea picks up top 70 recruit | The Boneyard

slightly [off topic] Shea picks up top 70 recruit

Reaction Score
This coming year Vandy has 5 Frosh, 1 Soph, 6 Jr, and 2 Sr.

If neither Sr takes a Covid year and no one transfers out, she's at 15 for '22-23. But the likelihood of no one transferring after getting a new coach seems kinda low.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
How does these signings compare to Vanderbilt recruiting in recent history?

Reaction Score
This coming year Vandy has 5 Frosh, 1 Soph, 6 Jr, and 2 Sr.

If neither Sr takes a Covid year and no one transfers out, she's at 15 for '22-23. But the likelihood of no one transferring after getting a new coach seems kinda low.
Unless they start winning.
(And I’m pulling for Shea)

Reaction Score
Unless they start winning.
Winning has very little to do with it.
The chance that 13 kids are going to mesh with a coach that didn't recruit them, and that a coach is going to love 13 players she didnt recruit, is very very low.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I grew up nearby. Good signing.
Nearby Archbishop Wood?
Ryanne Allen is a good pick up for Shea I've seen her play line a couple of times.
Good size for a 2 guard and she can really really stroke it.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Winning has very little to do with it.
The chance that 13 kids are going to mesh with a coach that didn't recruit them, and that a coach is going to love 13 players she didnt recruit, is very very low.
Any new coach is going to get kids that don't like their style, and if Shea sticks to her guns and pushes the UConn way its even harder. Uconn recruits have special personalities that we are familiar with, and not too many programs follow that suit. I'm sure the big shots at Vanderbilt recognize that fact and will give Shea the time to turn things around. If any kid quits, they weren't the type of player that she wanted anyway which will open up the roster for her to recruit more players to her liking. Shea is hard nosed as we know, and I really believe she will succeed with the support of the administration. Any kids in the top 100 for that program is a great start, and Shea knows what it takes to take it to a higher level.

Reaction Score
How does these signings compare to Vanderbilt recruiting in recent history?
Vandy has signed some good prospects but generally they have transferred out after a year or two. They should win some games this year. Auburn is basically starting over too, Florida is terrible and Alabama lost quite a few players too.

Reaction Score
They should win some games this year. Auburn is basically starting over too, Florida is terrible and Alabama lost quite a few players too.
Debateable. Shea inherited a disaster in a brutal conference. >2 wins would be success.

Reaction Score
If any kid quits,
Not sure what that means. Do you consider all UConn transfers to have quit?

Things dont work out for many different reasons. In any event, my point was I doubt the current roster of 15 for 22-23 is set -- more changes are likely.

Reaction Score
Arrested Development GIF

Reaction Score
Debateable. Shea inherited a disaster in a brutal conference. >2 wins would be success.
Will have to see. Those other 3 teams are disasters too.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Any new coach is going to get kids that don't like their style, and if Shea sticks to her guns and pushes the UConn way its even harder. Uconn recruits have special personalities that we are familiar with, and not too many programs follow that suit. I'm sure the big shots at Vanderbilt recognize that fact and will give Shea the time to turn things around. If any kid quits, they weren't the type of player that she wanted anyway which will open up the roster for her to recruit more players to her liking. Shea is hard nosed as we know, and I really believe she will succeed with the support of the administration. Any kids in the top 100 for that program is a great start, and Shea knows what it takes to take it to a higher level.
Hey, good post, the one thing I feel is important to note. Shea will be doing things her way or now the Vandi way. Easy to understand after reading thousands of posts on the BY there are many coaches and arm chair coaches who point out how they would do things different than Geno. Shea is no different, my bet is that she will take what she likes from UCONN and add what she likes to form her style. I expect if we have a chance to watch her team play we will see some old and some new. I would be disappointed if her team was a little mini me UCONN in Vandi uniforms.

Reaction Score
I would be disappointed if her team was a little mini me UCONN in Vandi uniforms.
The only other people who would be disappointed by this would be other SEC teams.
There are about 340 ADs who would take a mini-UConn at the drop of a hat.

That said, it won't happen. Geno is a unique star. If he could be easily replicated, then Jamelle, Tonya, & Jen would all be top 25 HCs. Hopefully Shea (+ Marisa) are their own unique stars who can take that + their experience with Geno to build super programs.

Reaction Score
I know Jada Brown and she will be a good player for Shea…she is quick, a good shooter and a very hard worker…look for great things from her…she play s high school basketball just up the road from mr in Bentonvill, AR
Score another one for the Boneyard that we have a member from Arkansas who can comment on a non-top100 player!

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Not sure what that means. Do you consider all UConn transfers to have quit?

Things dont work out for many different reasons. In any event, my point was I doubt the current roster of 15 for 22-23 is set -- more changes are likely.
Quits the school, transfer from the school, what's the difference? You are talking semantics, so if they can't take the program they will opt out and leave. In a case like Sheas, a new coach, a new style of play, a new standard. If they don't like it, they will quit, transfer, or maybe more to your liking, just leave. Either way they are gone. Besides, I wasn't talking about UConn kids that pretty much know what they are getting into, you involved UConn.

Reaction Score
Not sure how user friendly the portal will be to 3rd or 4th year players with a victory legacy of approximately 33%.
Grass ain’t always greener.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom