Slick rick | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Slick rick

Reaction Score
I am somewhat surprised by the forcefulness of the denial considering the entire situation. Pitino is either innocent or a sociopath of the highest degree. B seems much more likely but still.

Reaction Score
Take a nap.
tenor.gif

Reaction Score
there's a lot to be determined, my post was about the headline that stated "Unsealed Indictment, Pitino Knew Everything". That's fake news, the indictment proved no such thing

as I'm prone to do, I'll give the man his day in court
It seems today's definition of fake news is something that conflicts with your bias. You can state that the Pitino knew everything is per the testimony of someone caught in the act - then leave it up to individuals to assess the likelihood that it is true or not. In this case those that have followed Pitino know he constantly lies, so my bias is to believe it is true.

I agree with you that the headline is a sensationalized attempt to draw eyeballs and implies a fact. Regardless, read the article though and it is 100% accurate and true - definition of not 'fake'. It is not fake since its based on someone's sworn testimony which to me holds a lot more water than the accused casual denials. You need to say the headline is misleading, because calling it fake news does the exact same thing as the misleading headline, you've implied the entire story is false!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
It seems today's definition of fake news is something that conflicts with your bias. You can state that the Pitino knew everything is per the testimony of someone caught in the act - then leave it up to individuals to assess the likelihood that it is true or not. In this case those that have followed Pitino know he constantly lies, so my bias is to believe it is true.

I agree with you that the headline is a sensationalized attempt to draw eyeballs and implies a fact. Regardless, read the article though and it is 100% accurate and true - definition of not 'fake'. It is not fake since its based on someone's sworn testimony which to me holds a lot more water than the accused casual denials. You need to say the headline is misleading, because calling it fake news does the exact same thing as the misleading headline, you've implied the entire story is false!

No, fake news is when the words found in the indictment do NOT prove what the headline claimed they proved

when an assistant coach is trying to get money from an undercover agent and he tells the agent Pitino knows, that's NOT proof Pitino knows. That evidence will not convict Pitino of any crime. Hence it's FAKE NEWS

Try to keep up

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom