Slap in Women College Basketball's Face | The Boneyard

Slap in Women College Basketball's Face

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
This is ridiculous!
Las Vegas Invitational tournament for Women College Basketball
"The tournament was played on a court in a large ballroom area at The Mirage hotel that had no stands for spectators. Chairs were set up around the court."
"Auburn Tigers player Kharyssa Richardson was injured after hitting the floor hard while scrambling for a loose ball. The game was delayed nearly an hour during the wait for her to get medical attention. According to the Auburn radio broadcast, it took more than 40 minutes for paramedics to arrive to the court."

Reaction Score
This is ridiculous!
"The tournament was played on a court in a large ballroom area at The Mirage hotel that had no stands for spectators. Chairs were set up around the court."
"Auburn Tigers player Kharyssa Richardson was injured after hitting the floor hard while scrambling for a loose ball. The game was delayed nearly an hour during the wait for her to get medical attention. According to the Auburn radio broadcast, it took more than 40 minutes for paramedics to arrive to the court."
I saw the photo of that on Twitter a few days ago and was disgusted that they thought that was okay. There looked like somebody had wandered in from the breakfast bar or something almost standing on the court with a plate of food in their hands.

Reaction Score
This is ridiculous!
It appears this wasn’t a very well run tournament. However I’ve seen these type of issues with both men’s and women’s basketball teams as well as other men’s and women’s sports.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
As usual, Geno has the correct answer:

488CD7AA-DDC0-4C15-84E7-D8F04FC1EA7C.jpeg

Teams should just avoid the tournament.

Reaction Score

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
This line left me shaking my head:

"The judge . . . suggested McKey had no way of knowing that one of his own players was under 21 years old." (The judge decided the case and found him not guilty of among other things giving alcohol to a minor.)

Reaction Score
This line left me shaking my head:

"The judge . . . suggested McKey had no way of knowing that one of his own players was under 21 years old." (The judge decided the case and found him not guilty of among other things giving alcohol to a minor.)
I know. It makes no sense considering you would have to be a senior based on my math.

Sorry - I have to do the math because our laws are different in Canada. It's either 18 or 19 to be legal to drink depending on the province.

Reaction Score
This is ridiculous!
That's what contracts are for. I don't know who set this up or how they got teams to agree to play there without knowing the conditions or the location, but that's what they did.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Has anyone seen this article? How does someone like this get a chance to be involved with anything related to female sports after what's been reported here?

Sad on many levels. Like @ThisJustIn said, a lot of these situations get ignored or swept under the rug, depending on many factors, and it should not be tolerated at all.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
That's what contracts are for. I don't know who set this up or how they got teams to agree to play there without knowing the conditions or the location, but that's what they did.
Back in March, the tournament director, Bryce McKey, reportedly told Indiana the Women's Las Vegas Invitational would have a similar court to the one used in the upstart Athletes United Basketball league in early 2022. The conditions turned out to be not even close to as good.

"We're very sorry," said site director Ryan Polk, via ESPN. "The court and the lighting, that stuff hasn't been an issue. But we needed to have full-on bleachers. We have notified The Mirage we won't be coming back again. This is a one-time disaster in terms of events. It definitely did not go the way we thought or planned. We just severely missed the mark when comes to the spectator side."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom