Not open for further replies.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Rooting for the huskies :eek:
2016-12-08 19.51.04.jpg

HGN

Reaction Score
She was such a good luck charm for ND during her playing days there........But the luster has worn off since she graduated. Losing her last game against the Huskies. With NO NC's being won.

By the picture I am glad to see she has finally realized the error of her ways and started cheering for the good guys....:)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Perhaps she lost a bet? I said declaratively while punctuating interrogatively?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sky had the swag to go along with talent. The first step to beating UConn is to believe that you can. Sky was one of the few who actually did. She also came along in the period between Maya and Stewie when UConn was not quite Badass enough. She finished 7-8 in her career against the Huskies, which is really good, considering.

I like that we are now on a 6-game streak agains the Leprechauns. It returns the world to the proper order. :D

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
She was such a good luck charm for ND during her playing days there...But the luster has worn off since she graduated. Losing her last game against the Huskies. With NO NC's being won.

By the picture I am glad to see she has finally realized the error of her ways and started cheering for the good guys....:)
It is indeed amazing UConn would come so close from 2011-15 and not seal the deal any time. Then again, ND's opponents from 2012 to 2015 were just better. I'd argue 2011 was the one that got away for the Irish. The Aggies deserved their NC by virtue of beating Baylor, Stanford, and ND, but they still felt very beatable to me.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Sky had the swag to go along with talent. The first step to beating UConn is to believe that you can. Sky was one of the few who actually did. She also came along in the period between Maya and Stewie when UConn was not quite Badass enough. She finished 7-8 in her career against the Huskies, which is really good, considering.

x 1,000

SkyDigg was one of the precious few badasses that brought the necessary thunder, mentally, against the Huskies. 95% of other teams and other players were already beaten when they took the court. ND's talent took care of the rest.

Am I a Skyler Digging fan, per se? No. Do I respect what she brought to the table as a Husky opponent and the intangibles she gave the Irish? Yes. Immensely.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
A pregame quote from Skylar, as published by the Hartford Courant:

Former Notre Dame great Skylar Diggins was expected to sit courtside at Purcell Pavilion Wednesday night. In an interview with espnW.com's Mechelle Voepel, Diggins offered high praise for both Notre Dame coach Muffet McGraw and UConn coach Geno Auriemma. "You're talking about two of the best basketball minds — they teach you the game," Diggins said. "They coach in practice, and they make sure their players get it. The players are developed to where they could go and succeed at the next level anywhere."

By the way, Geno recruited Skylar, hard, but there was no way she was leaving her home town of South Bend. She really would have looked awesome in National flag blue and white.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom