Reaction Score
Still can't believe we won. Here are some things I am not used to:

• Throwing on first and second downs
  • Throwing down the field
  • Execute read option
  • Ol playing pretty well
  • Defense putting pressure on Cincy
  • On D 3rd and long, we actually blitzed and have our corners on man coverage
  • Play Summers as a safety. He actually did well.
  • No play calling screw ups
  • Yeah BS didn't play great, but it is good to see the staff trusting our QB for once. He still can't throw and abandoned the pass way too quick.
Overall, a great game by our standards. Does this mean we are stuck with crazy Bob?

Reaction Score
The defense was outstanding, especially in the second half. Cincy finished the game with 5-yards rushing on 21 carries. I like that we mixed in some blitzes and took some of the pressure off the secondary today.

Newsome (14/116) and Thomas (9/108, TD) were great. Not sure what Newsome did to get suspended for the 1Q, but hopefully he got the message. Thomas is just so consistently good. Teams know they have to stop him, yet he continues to make plays.

Sherriff's wasn't great but he absolutely leaves it all on the field. He still carried the ball too many times (team leading 18 carries), but I appreciate how hard he plays. He wants to win, and he's willing to shoulder the blame if they don't. He's a gutsy, gutsy kid. It's hard to root against a kid like that.

Reaction Score
And starting Green at CB and moving Summers to S alongside Melinfonwu.
This was the key to the game in my opinion. Watkins and McCallister just have no showed that they are up to the task. A step late way too often and I think after a while it had started to make the whole defense question itself.

Too bad it took this long. I think John Robinson looks like a player also. Got beat on good coverage once, was early and picked up a penalty but he looks like he could run has great length.

At this level you have to produce when given the chance. The safeties simply haven't and it was good to see the coaches go to other players.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This was the key to the game in my opinion. Watkins and McCallister just have no showed that they are up to the task. A step late way too often and I think after a while it had started to make the whole defense question itself.

Too bad it took this long. I think John Robinson looks like a player also. Got beat on good coverage once, was early and picked up a penalty but he looks like he could run has great length.

At this level you have to produce when given the chance. The safeties simply haven't and it was good to see the coaches go to other players.

Good safeties can always provide help for average CB's.

Great CB's can't overcome poor safeties.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So I guess we're back to "Diaco is a genius", at least until the next blown game ending fiasco.

Not if you saw the time left on the clock during the last drive. Still turtles up.

Reaction Score
I left my phone in the car for the game. So I'm going to have to catch up..

I did mention Cinci can't run the ball at all.

The CSP troopers up in your section... paper airplane patrol

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
So I guess we're back to "Diaco is a genius", at least until the next blown game ending fiasco.

Whoa whoa whoa. Diaco is a great motivator and a very good recruiter.

Those are 2 huge componentse, but the in-game decisions leave a lot to be desired for.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Whoa whoa whoa. Diaco is a great motivator and a very good recruiter.

Those are 2 huge componentse, but the in-game decisions leave a lot to be desired for.

I was kidding about the genius.

I was poking fun at our overreactions. I include myself as an overreactor.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry I have a life and family responsibilities, guess I should've just skipped my relatives wedding to go see an awful football team for the third time this season.
Nice cheap shot

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
yeah, I hate the fanhood/manhood arguments. I envy those who can get to the rent. I admire those who've suffered through the last several years at the rent. I don't criticize even when I occasionally make an observation about what it looks like on TV.

All that being said, if some of the rent regulars think that status entitles them to a boneyard safe space, I'd take issue. welcome to the internet, thin skins not advised.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
yeah, I hate the fanhood/manhood arguments. I envy those who can get to the rent. I admire those who've suffered through the last several years at the rent. I don't criticize even when I occasionally make an observation about what it looks like on TV.

All that being said, if some of the rent regulars think that status entitles them to a boneyard safe space, I'd take issue. welcome to the internet, thin skins not advised.
I'd have deleted this if I'd rethought it in time... Not picking a side, I just don't think our fan base is so large we can afford to argue about who is or isn't a better fan.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'd have deleted this if I'd rethought it in time... Not picking a side, I just don't think our fan base is so large we can afford to argue about who is or isn't a better fan.
To me, this isn't about who is the better fan. My thinking is anyone on the couch critical of those who are at the game supporting the team can go themselves.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I get a nice chuckle when I think that some people actually think other people should care when the first group of people tell the second group of people how to spend their free time and money. Why do some people actually think their opinion of how people spend their free time and money actually matters? How inflated an ego do you have to have to think anyone gives a rip about your opinion?

Went to the game? Great. Hope you had fun. Didn't go? Ok. Hope the win this week convinced you to go in the future and hope you enjoyed your time off work this weekend doing whatever you did.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I get a nice chuckle when I think that some people actually think other people should care when the first group of people tell the second group of people how to spend their free time and money. Why do some people actually think their opinion of how people spend their free time and money actually matters? How inflated an ego do you have to have to think anyone gives a rip about your opinion?

Went to the game? Great. Hope you had fun. Didn't go? Ok. Hope the win this week convinced you to go in the future and hope you enjoyed your time off work this weekend doing whatever you did.
Mister, we don't cotton to that kind of talk around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom