Sizing up UConn, Big East ahead of season: 'This league will be loaded' | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sizing up UConn, Big East ahead of season: 'This league will be loaded'

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Pitino already an early favorite to win BE Coach of the Year.

I mean, he obviously will. Nothing to get worked up about. It's like winning an emmy. There is no integrity to performance, its what is hot that year. I mean 20 years ago desperate housewives had 4 of their 5 stars up for best actress emmy out of 5 nominees. The next year none of them were nominated. Are you telling me in a single year they all turned into horrible performers? Or in the first year they were all emmy worthy? Its neither. These things are whats hot at the time.

That pitino.............

so hot right now hansel GIF

Reaction Score
I predict Hurley is going to struggle to prove he can win close games this year.
I think this year’s team has better personnel for winning close games. Karaban, and Newton who were are best end of game options last year are back, and we add Spencer and Castle. I saw some highlights of Spencer making big shots at end of game at Rutgers. Castle should be able to create his own shot at end of games.

Reaction Score
I think this year’s team has better personnel for winning close games. Karaban, and Newton who were are best end of game options last year are back, and we add Spencer and Castle. I saw some highlights of Spencer making big shots at end of game at Rutgers. Castle should be able to create his own shot at end of games.
That was a joke I believe.

MJ1

Reaction Score
Of course they did. They have as good a chance as anyone.
We like them to do well OOC so when we beat them its at least a Q3 win or with any luck a Q2 win.

MJ1

Reaction Score
No, of course not. Just wanted to provide an update to those who were not aware.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not going strong for Pitino was a huge PC mistake. I may not like him, but he’s a great coach.
Why not? They stood as good chance as anyone, right?

That said, tough to compete with Pitino not having to move, getting to stay in the city and getting access to New York metro area NIL dollars.

Reaction Score
We may likely lose at Kansas but better odds we don't lose 88-59 blowout last time at Allen Field Day. Back in 1995, that loss was u.g.l.y.
Except that game wasn’t at the Phog. It was in KC.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Why not? They stood as good chance as anyone, right?

That said, tough to compete with Pitino not having to move, getting to stay in the city and getting access to New York metro area NIL dollars.
He wasn't going back to PC. I think they did well with English. Most likely a Bubble/NIT team given how loaded the Big East is, but Hopkins is a beast. Wouldn't surprise me if Hopkins is BE POY.

Reaction Score
If Hopkins can add a somewhat reliable jumpshot, he should be top 3 candidate for BE POY with Kolek and Clingan. He did what he did last year as a sophomore, which is crazy

PC has a pretty decent roster imo. If the GM guys are good, they should be a good team. Excited for Dual and hopefully CFJ makes a junior jump. The conference is stacked and they have a young mid major coach so I understand if people are skeptical.

They should be middle of the pack in the BE, but if they do well OOC then I could see them in the tournament again. Lots of Q1 win opportunities in conference play

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
If Hopkins can add a somewhat reliable jumpshot, he should be top 3 candidate for BE POY with Kolek and Clingan. He did what he did last year as a sophomore, which is crazy

PC has a pretty decent roster imo. If the GM guys are good, they should be a good team. Excited for Dual and hopefully CFJ makes a junior jump. The conference is stacked and they have a young mid major coach so I understand if people are skeptical.

They should be middle of the pack in the BE, but if they do well OOC then I could see them in the tournament again. Lots of Q1 win opportunities in conference play

In all seriousness I do like PC's roster this season. I think its better than last years roster and that was a decent team who cleaned our clock at the Dunk. Was more than happy to return that favor at Gampel.

FriarJ mentioned PC's PG's are an unknown quantity, and they are, but I think they actually upgraded at that spot over last year, I guess time will tell. It may take a little time too to integrate new guards into a new young coaches system . They may take some lumps at times, but it's hard to look past the core duo of Hopkins and Carter. They are players.

I think Floyd can step up and be a Glue guy who can defend and hustle and create some havoc while knocking down some occasional triples.

Reaction Score
In all seriousness I do like PC's roster this season. I think its better than last years roster and that was a decent team who cleaned our clock at the Dunk. Was more than happy to return that favor at Gampel.

FriarJ mentioned PC's PG's are an unknown quantity, and they are, but I think they actually upgraded at that spot over last year, I guess time will tell. It may take a little time too to integrate new guards into a new young coaches system . They may take some lumps at times, but it's hard to look past the core duo of Hopkins and Carter. They are players.

I think Floyd can step up and be a Glue guy who can defend and hustle and create some havoc while knocking down some occasional triples.
Providence will be top 3 this season and English will do great. Georgetown will be at the bottom again

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Providence will be top 3 this season and English will do great. Georgetown will be at the bottom again

Georgetown will be bad. And I love it. Im bullish on PC , but not top 3 bullish. I think they are 4-8 range. That seems fair. IF they finish anywhere top 5 in this murders row of a league this year in English's first season that would be a hell of an accomplishment. Even 7th would be great for a 1st year young coach in this league.

Reaction Score

Pc won that game at the dunk because of the refs.. the most one sided called game i have ever watched…

Reaction Score
Pc won that game at the dunk because of the refs.. the most one sided called game i have ever watched…
PC was the better team that night and they hit more of their open shots while UConn missed a lot of their open shots badly. Having said that, I was at that game and the officiating was really, really, awful and didn’t help. Whenever a PC player had the ball and made contact with a UConn defender they slipped and fell and the foul call was against UConn That night was warm for January weather as it was in the mid 40s and damp outside which caused condensation on the court which is laid over the ice rink and that is why the PC players were slipping.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom