Since the Huskies and Vols won't schedule each other ... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Since the Huskies and Vols won't schedule each other ...

Will the Huskies and Lady Vols meet next spring?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
There is no conspiracy theory. The committee will follow the bracketing principles and if the schools are to end up together, they will. But ever since the switch in 2006 to geographic-based bracketing, it is less likely that the two teams will be in the same region.

This coming year, UConn is all but certain to be placed in Kingston RI. Whereas Tenn is closer to Raleigh and Des Moines. To end up in Kingston, the Vols would have to be #7/8 or #11/12 in the overall NCAA rankings, AND not behind a team like Maryland or Penn St, which are relatively close to RI. Not a high probability event I'd say.
Many of us think it won't be the same bracket/regional, but the y will be on the same side of the bracket for potential semi final match up. At least I see it this way.

Reaction Score
I just think that next years brackets will be lined up for a potential meeting in the semis.i'm not obsessed with them, I just think it will happen in Tenn next year. Tenn will be very good and eager to play for Nat Championship in their home state.

"Next years brackets are going to line up for a potential meeting"? What are the winning lotto numbers please, because if you can predict that without the season playing out you are damn good. I mean you are ready to make the NCAA schedule without the season occurring.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
"Next years brackets are going to line up for a potential meeting"? What are the winning lotto numbers please, because if you can predict that without the season playing out you are damn good. I mean you are ready to make the NCAA schedule without the season occurring.
They always try to keep everyone geographically aligned- if Tenn is a one or two seed, it will be relatively easy. Easier than us playing Stamford in a semi I think.The chance of this happening is a little more likely than picking the lottery- 1 in four chance. The lotto is at least one in five I think.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
This coming year, UConn is all but certain to be placed in Kingston RI.

When did they announce the regional sites for the coming season?

Reaction Score
I watched a show about Pat Summit and she was talking about flying somewhere while she was pregnant. She started going into labor on the plane so the pilot told her that he was going to make an emergency landing. They were flying over Virginia at the time so she told him "Not until he gets outside Virginia air space." Sounded crazy to me at the time, but since I learned more about her, I wouldn't expect anything else from her.

This story made me realize Pat would do anything to get her way, including making stuff up about Geno.

Reaction Score
When did they announce the regional sites for the coming season?

OH sorry. Looks like I saw information from a previous year. My apologies! NCAA says sites will be announced by Oct 1

Reaction Score
Just wondering what the odds are that UCONN once again meets Notre Dame in the semi of the final four?

Reaction Score
Just wondering what the odds are that UCONN once again meets Notre Dame in the semi of the final four?
I believe I read there are 435 teams. So the formula for the probability with all teams being equal would be one TO(435 x 434 minus one). So the odds would be one TO 188,189 or 1 : 188,189. Since most teams are not equal, you would have to weigh each team individually and there ability to make it to the semi-final and I could get you a more accurate answer. Plus I would need a correct total number of teams. I'm not sure there are 435. Hope that helps. :)

Reaction Score
One thing I did not consider is that the NCAA committee might put them in a bracket where they would possibly meet...( i.e. they would be #1 and #2 seeds in the same bracket)..... before the semi final.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It seems that the NCAA has had multiple chances to put them in the same bracket as UCONN has been a 1 seed for the past umpteen years and each time Tennessee was a 2 seed they coulda been in UCONN's bracket. Instead the NCAA usually put them on completely opposite sides so they could only meet in the finals, or at the very least, final 4. It seems the NCAA has no interest in a game between the 2 teams prior to that.

Now I can't speak for the regions, or the sites hosting so it's possible that geography prevented them from playing any earlier, but I suspect the NCAA could have worked thru it if they really wanted to. I guess they just weren't interested in seeing a smack-down of ginormous proportions...

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
It seems that the NCAA has had multiple chances to put them in the same bracket as UCONN has been a 1 seed for the past umpteen years and each time Tennessee was a 2 seed they coulda been in UCONN's bracket. Instead the NCAA usually put them on completely opposite sides so they could only meet in the finals, or at the very least, final 4. It seems the NCAA has no interest in a game between the 2 teams prior to that. All good points- but I thought the reason they have not been in the same bracket is that they try and usually keep most teams close to their home turf to help with attendance and revenue. I didn't think they have been separated for reasons more than that. Heck, I don't think the NCAA was happy to see this game end. And this year if they met at the final four in semis or finals, with Geno going to break Pat's record, in Tenn, attendance and TV ratings and$$$ would be off the charts!!!

Now I can't speak for the regions, or the sites hosting so it's possible that geography prevented them from playing any earlier, but I suspect the NCAA could have worked thru it if they really wanted to. I guess they just weren't interested in seeing a smack-down of ginormous proportions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom