Since it appears to be an unknown with this team, who would you say is the leader? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Since it appears to be an unknown with this team, who would you say is the leader?

Reaction Score
But wait people on this website told me Cole wasn’t any good a few weeks ago and his minutes should go to Gaff. Are you telling me a guy that didn’t play last year and jumped up in level of competition and had no off-season needed some time to get up to speed?
Believe me, I never said Cole was not good.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Nobody else seems to see it so there's a 99% chance I'm imagining it, but it's always seemed to be Cole to me. He always seems to be leading the huddles on the court, first one over talking to Jackson/Sanogo after they make a freshman mistake
Yea it’s definitely Cole, which I think is one of the biggest things Hurley wanted out of him. I did notice last night that Bouk was a little more vocal and assertive at times in terms of being a “team leader” - coordinating huddles, pointing out assignments, getting in his guys’ ears, etc. Always great to see, especially this time of year.

Reaction Score
Is it really Jackson?

Bouknight is back but Jackson continues to be a vocal leader.

"Dre brings just a real maturity and a real energy that's different than what James does," coach Dan Hurley said on Monday. "James has got a swagger and a confidence that he brings whereas Dre is a real captain type with the way he communicates with everybody and just his energy level.

"And since James has been back, he hasn't taken a step back because he's really good as a leader, even though he's just a freshman. He's probably our most vocal player."

Reaction Score
Is it really Jackson?

Bouknight is back but Jackson continues to be a vocal leader.

"Dre brings just a real maturity and a real energy that's different than what James does," coach Dan Hurley said on Monday. "James has got a swagger and a confidence that he brings whereas Dre is a real captain type with the way he communicates with everybody and just his energy level.

"And since James has been back, he hasn't taken a step back because he's really good as a leader, even though he's just a freshman. He's probably our most vocal player."

Cole is the vocal leader, the General. Bouknight is the alpha, the Champion. Whaley is the emotional leader, the Staff Sergeant.

Right now Achilles (Bouknight) is a little mad at the Gods and Agamemnon. He's not giving off the best leadership vibes, but he's still doing his job better than anyone else could. Odysseus (Cole) is trying to keep him focused on the goal at hand, and keeping everyone working towards the same goal (Conquering Troy/the NCAA tournament). Odysseus is a good fighter and general, but not the best by far. But he's good with people. Whaley is Ajax. A strong, tough warrior who just wants to fight and scream and win glory. The other warriors respect him for his courage, but he's not a tactical leader.
Jackson is Patroclus. He's young and has the energy and idealism of youth. He wants to fight and tries a little too hard. But he doesn't yet have the wisdom or knowledge to be a true leader.

Reaction Score
But wait people on this website told me Cole wasn’t any good a few weeks ago and his minutes should go to Gaff. Are you telling me a guy that didn’t play last year and jumped up in level of competition and had no off-season needed some time to get up to speed?
If by a few weeks ago you mean 7 weeks, what you’re saying is true.

The first half of this season RJ was inconsistent, turnover prone, forced bad shots, and wasn’t making assists. Gaffney deserved a chance to start over him.

But to RJs credit, he started turning it around about 6 games ago and has gotten better and better since then. He’s now finally looking like the player we were all told he was since transferring here.

If he didn’t turn it around his minutes definitely should’ve gone to Gaff, or another player. He definitely wasn’t playing anywhere near the hype.

Reaction Score
If by a few weeks ago you mean 7 weeks, what you’re saying is true.

The first half of this season RJ was inconsistent, turnover prone, forced bad shots, and wasn’t making assists. Gaffney deserved a chance to start over him.

But to RJs credit, he started turning it around about 6 games ago and has gotten better and better since then. He’s now finally looking like the player we were all told he was since transferring here.

If he didn’t turn it around his minutes definitely should’ve gone to Gaff, or another player. He definitely wasn’t playing anywhere near the hype.
Like I said he hadn’t played division 1 basketball in over a year....jumped up a level in play and didn’t have an offseason. Of course he would take sometime getting in the groove. And all those who say Hurley isn’t getting it done (multiple threads) ....can’t we looking at his moving Cole to the bench for motivation as a move that has paid Immediate dividends. Or no we just go by what the score of the last game was.

Reaction Score
Jackson is Patroclus. He's young and has the energy and idealism of youth. He wants to fight and tries a little too hard. But he doesn't yet have the wisdom or knowledge to be a true leader.
Never heard of him. Who’s Patroclus play for?

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Bouknight and Cole are the leaders.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
You’d think a rough and tumble upperclassman like Martin would be but he doesn’t seem to be a very vocal guy.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
His distressed look at the freethrow line makes me nervous. Doesn’t really instill confidence
I love it when he finishes through someone and scowls at them. Agreed, it makes me uneasy when he's at the line.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom