Since I didn't see a Boneyard ESPN Tourney Group... | The Boneyard

Since I didn't see a Boneyard ESPN Tourney Group...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thanks Nuzzi:)I know I did it Bold;) Hey this is MARCH MADNESS
Ira
This is how I am spending my day
Is ESPN IN worth it?

Q.

Reaction Score
Anybody notice that the matchup information on there is at least partially wrong, showing stats for the men's teams instead of women's? For example, UConn is listed at 29-4 (correct) but with a 7-8 conference record (!), 1-4 vs. top 25, and 5-7 in their last 12 games. Nice job ESPN. They also have an Insider feature to analyze your bracket, and its conclusions are based off the men's seedings.

Reaction Score
Personally I think this year is going to be interesting. I think there are more teams that could make the final four than just a few. I have two big east teams... (not ND) one ACC team and a mid major making it to Denver. We shall see

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Why not? You may not be a UConn fan but you are a Boneyarder. :)
That being the case, triaddukefan's status should be elevated from that of an ordinary "Tobacco Road Guest". I'd humbly suggest an honorary Boneyard degree is in order. Perhaps "Honoris Causa Canis"! :)

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Thanks I'm in. Homer pick for the winner, think we have a realistic shot!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Having a great start with today's games, got them all right. Now here's when I get into trouble as I picked both DePaul and Georgetown to lose which would be big upsets. I also picked Florida Gulf Coast to upset the Bonys which would be a milder upset.

Probably won't look at my mens bracket as that got destroyed early.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That being the case, triaddukefan's status should be elevated from that of an ordinary "Tobacco Road Guest". I'd humbly suggest an honorary Boneyard degree is in order. Perhaps "Honoris Causa Canis"! :)

Not quite sure that that means.... but I assume its dog related

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Not quite sure that that means.... but I assume its dog related
Latin translation for "honorary degree" is "honoris causa", which means "for the sake of honor". These words will be appearing on honorary degrees awarded to "guest" commencement speakers at colleges and universities across the country this coming May/June. The degree is a way an institution honors a distinguished visitor's ["Tobacco Road Guest's"] contributions and the benefits the institution [Boneyard] receives by association with the person in question, while waiving the traditional requirements for matriculation, study, exams, partying, etc.! :)

And you're correct, "Canis" = "dog". So translation of your proposed honorary degree/handle would be "for the sake of Husky honor". :D

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Im in 3rd place... Im a genius :cool:
I missed two. I had considerable doubts and held my nose when I selected RU over the Zags. Thought the Zags would take a bigger hit than what appears to be the case after graduating Courtney V. Also felt all those "heralded" RU seniors would rise to the occasion to at least win a 1st round game...but NO! I also forgot what a great coach and center the Zags have.

And I took a chance on Princeton and they almost made me into a genius. Turned out to be a really exciting, close game that was accompanied with the typical share of questionable calls down the stretch. ;)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I missed two. I had considerable doubts and held my nose when I selected RU over the Zags. Thought the Zags would take a bigger hit than what appears to be the case after graduating Courtney V. Also felt all those "heralded" RU seniors would rise to the occasion to at least win a 1st round game...but NO! I also forgot what a great coach and center the Zags have.

And I took a chance on Princeton and they almost made me into a genius. Turned out to be a really exciting, close game that was accompanied with the typical share of questionable calls down the stretch. ;)
yup I had confidence in RU :oops:... and just based on seeding!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well Im currently in a 3 way tie for first. I correctly picked all 8 monday winners. I will go ahead and brag right now.... because it will probably be my last time in first place.... or anywhere near the top. :(

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Well Im currently in a 3 way tie for first. I correctly picked all 8 monday winners. I will go ahead and brag right now.... because it will probably be my last time in first place.... or anywhere near the top. :(
Im still in the hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET