Since HCRE left for Terpland... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Since HCRE left for Terpland...

Reaction Score
I agree with everything that coach cap posted with one inclusion...... the next coach and his associate coaches must be well paid. I don’t care where they get the money from..... rob the dairy bar store.....sell vegetables roadside....whatever just do it. No more excuses. I can’t sit thru another game like last week. MY son fell asleep.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I agree with everything that coach cap posted with one inclusion. the next coach and his associate coaches must be well paid. I don’t care where they get the money from..... rob the dairy bar store.....sell vegetables roadside....whatever just do it. No more excuses. I can’t sit thru another game like last week. MY son fell asleep.
How much are you kicking in?

Reaction Score
How much are you kicking in?

You first. I’m on SS. Start a go fund me page. I do donate to the UConn Foundation every year. I assume yo do also.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree with everything that coach cap posted with one inclusion. the next coach and his associate coaches must be well paid. I don’t care where they get the money from..... rob the dairy bar store.....sell vegetables roadside....whatever just do it. No more excuses. I can’t sit thru another game like last week. MY son fell asleep.
Can we make up with the Burtons??? Might be a good idea to make that happen...

Reaction Score
Can we make up with the Burtons??? Might be a good idea to make that happen...

I heard awhile ago that Burton’s publishing Co. was not doing so well. How about hitting Case “the Price is Right” for a nice donation?

Reaction Score
I heard awhile ago that Burton’s publishing Co. was not doing so well. How about hitting Case “the Price is Right” for a nice donation?

Cenveo declared bankruptcy in 2018. don't worry - he made a fortune when his prior firm, World Color Press, merged.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Coach Cap one of southington’s finest .... great read

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think we are reading way too much into all this. There are plenty of non p5 programs that Have far inferior facilities, have lesser paid coaches, lesser star players and much smaller athletic department budgets that maintain respectability are competitive. We need to stop comparing ourselves to programs that have 4 star players, higher head coaching salaries and are in the AAC /P5 and ask the basic question of why with what we do have for facilities and funding we can’t even reach the level of a Buffalo, Toledo or App State. Or even central, western and eastern Michigan who have up and down years. Why are we consistently terrible even though other schools do more with less?

This is the real issue. We might be the worst team in the MAC if we were there. Yet we have better resources than any of those teams. And we offer a more valuable education.

I know why we brought Randy back. It made sense even though I was unhappy about it. We were still paying Bobby D and Randy came back at about half what another coach would cost. Benedict assumed he could get us to competent...then Randy would retire. I think that's still the plan.

Unfortunately, Randy has turned into not RE 2.0 but PP 2.0. That's exactly who he is right now. A guy who has no creativity on the offensive side of the ball and won't even let his offensive coaches exercise any creativity. He obviously can't judge QB play. He was overly slow to realize he needed an immediate infusion of experienced players from outside, and he's been openly opposed to that approach to team building for many years. After two awful seasons he finally tried somewhat last offseason. We are technically better, but not yet competent. I really hoped we'd win 3-4 this year. I'm sure he gets one more year, but next year could be his last.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I get pissed looking back at Randy’s first two recruiting classes to see how few JUCOs and transfers we brought in which was a major failure on this part or the university - whichever.

If he brought in 5 older kids each of his fist two cycles we’d still be a bottom dweller- but probably on a path to win 4 games and be far more competitive in the others.

On D this team needed three DJ Morgan’s this off season at LB, a solid DL transfer and a senior corner (they tracked many transfer corners on twitter last winter/ never seem to follow through).

On O this team needed a TE in the worst way. Rose is doing okay, but a second TE could really help.

Edit update: I should have mentioned the QB position for 2019...on that front he tried upgrading the maturity with Beaudry and Leon which hasn't worked as planned.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom