Sims squeezes off 28 shots against Texas | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sims squeezes off 28 shots against Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
is she your 2014 NPOY?
I would have voted Sims at the beginning of the year, but watching what Stewart has turned into it would be hard not to vote Stewart. Every coach that plays UConn says the same thing afterwards: Stewart is the best player in the country.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I would have voted Sims at the beginning of the year, but watching what Stewart has turned into it would be hard not to vote Stewart. Every coach that plays UConn says the same thing afterwards: Stewart is the best player in the country.

I have said more than once that Stewart would get my vote for POY, although Sims and Ogwumike are more valuable to their teams due to the fact that Stewart has such a strong "supporting" cast, if you can use that word for All-Americans like Dolson and Hartley.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Those are great stats and the kind of games she is capable of when her shot selection is good and other players are involved. And at 20 shots per game on average it is not a bad percentage of Baylor's shots. The problem I have (and Kim obviously does not have) is when the shot numbers approach 30 or pass it. At that point the shot selection tends to go down, the percentages go down, and the other players on the floor become spectators and Baylor becomes too predictable. When Sims is taking that many shots Baylor becomes 'beatable' by other strong teams. Against most of the schedule it is not a problem, against the best teams it is. But the habits that you acquire in those games may be hard to break not just for Sims, but for the other players as well.

Over the past 4 games Sims is averaging 19.75 shots per game. This is right about where she should be.

Last night was Baylor's best game of the year, IMO. Everyone contributed and the freshmen accounted for 41% of the scoring. This team is really peaking at the right time. Niya Johnson, although not much of a scoring threat, leads the nation in assist/TO ratio. Last night she had 10 assists and 1 TO while Odyssey had 9 assists to 1 TO. Ieshia Small looked better than she has at any point this year, playing with great confidence and on a few moves was explosive to the basket.

Reaction Score
Baylor is lucky to have Sims. She's the reason they are in some form of contention.

On the other hand, shut down Sims and there is nothing else. Seems like a short sighted strategy at best. Very unbalanced. UConn will never lose to Baylor while Sims is the sole centerpiece of Baylor's show.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Baylor is lucky to have Sims. She's the reason they are in some form of contention.

On the other hand, shut down Sims and there is nothing else. Seems like a short sighted strategy at best. Very unbalanced. UConn will never lose to Baylor while Sims is the sole centerpiece of Baylor's show.

Nothing else, other than a FOY candidate and the nation's leader in assist/TO ratio.

Sims WAS shut down yet Baylor still played UCONN closer than any other team in the nation. Thats pretty good for a team with nothing else.

Reaction Score
Nothing else, other than a FOY candidate and the nation's leader in assist/TO ratio.

Sims WAS shut down yet Baylor still played UCONN closer than any other team in the nation. Thats pretty good for a team with nothing else.
Was going to make this same point for those saying Baylor has no chance if they meet again.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The best thing that has happened to Baylor was the loss to Kansas following the UCONN. That loss resulted in Mulkey's best coaching opportunity and this team has played MUCH better since that loss. Baylor is much improved since the UCONN and is playing their best ball of the year.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
The best thing that has happened to Baylor was the loss to Kansas following the UCONN. That loss resulted in Mulkey's best coaching opportunity and this team has played MUCH better since that loss. Baylor is much improved since the UCONN and is playing their best ball of the year.
(I can just hear Chris Berman....) THEY.... COULD.... GO.... ALL.... THE.... WAY!!!! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
UConn
KML -8
BS-18
SD-10
MJ-13
BH-17
Total -66
Baylor
ND -11
SA -6
NJ -6
Sims -20
MR -10
IW -2
Total -55
Difference =11

Sims Scoring Average as of today =30.1 Say 31 cause rounding down .1 point is not good with whole number here.

31-20=11 points below average. Proof. Shut down Sims and Baylor loses. The numbers do not lie. I know you like your team, but it is what it is.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
UConn
KML -8
BS-18
SD-10
MJ-13
BH-17
Total -66
Baylor
ND -11
SA -6
NJ -6
Sims -20
MR -10
IW -2
Total -55
Difference =11

Sims Scoring Average as of today =30.1 Say 31 cause rounding down .1 point is not good with whole number here.

31-20=11 points below average. Proof. Shut down Sims and Baylor loses. The numbers do not lie. I know you like your team, but it is what it is.

You are using one game to support your argument? Are you saying that any team other than UCONN would have won that game? I think UCONN was the only team that could have beaten Baylor that night.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
and with KML future up in the air... who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads