OT: - Simone Biles | The Boneyard

OT: Simone Biles

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
In the ESPY voting thread tacked to the top of the board, some Boneyarders have mentioned they voted for Simone Biles over Breanna for sportswoman of the year. Well, I did too. For those who don’t know who she is, Simone Biles is a record-breaking, ultra talented athlete that worked incredibly hard to hone her ability into a marvel of power and grace. She’s perfected moves that no one else has ever been able to do. She is just amazing.

Reaction Score
In the ESPY voting thread tacked to the top of the board, some Boneyarders have mentioned they voted for Simone Biles over Breanna for sportswoman of the year. Well, I did too. For those who don’t know who she is, Simone Biles is a record-breaking, ultra talented athlete that worked incredibly hard to hone her ability into a marvel of power and grace. She’s perfected moves that no one else has ever been able to do. She is just amazing.

Totally agree. I voted Biles.

Reaction Score

I am a big fan of both women, who are very talented and work hard in honing their skills. But while I’ve voted for Stewie in past awards, this time I’ve voted for Biles. Her performances are incredible.

Reaction Score
Simone is an amazingly gifted athlete who has worked incredibly hard and succeeded (arguably) beyond Michael Phelps' standard as an athlete. She has had a difficult life in so many ways (I know Stewie has as well - sad) and has triumphed in spite of those difficulties. Simone's is a story that will bring tears of sadness for what she had to overcome and tears of joy for what she has achieved. Watching her is sheer joy, as well as bewilderment as to how a human can make those moves. Enjoy it while she's still active!!

And yes, I voted for Simone as well.

Reaction Score
Stewie...... led the team to the WNBA Championship and also comeback
player.... please... remember that torn achilles' tendon!!!! Extreme performance under
extremely trying conditions. Also.. Crystal from # 16 draft pick to # 1 , best all
round Rookie, ... to ROY !!! great heart!!
Oh, by the way, also "she who does not have to be named" Paggie!

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Simone's story is one of bravery and perserverance. At her age, an inspiration to young women everywhere. Having heard her tell her story, I am inspired and at the same time humbled.
She deserves the award.
I love Stewie and agree would also be a deserving recipient.

Reaction Score
I always enjoy watching Simone Biles. I would vote for her for Sportswoman of Year.

Thinking of her I remember one of my favorite athletes of all time, Nadia Comaneci. What she did for gymnastics in 1976 is like what UCONN did for basketball in 1995. Is Simone a better gymnast? I suppose this is another GOAT discussion.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
The other incredible thing about Simone Biles is that she performed at such astronomically high levels in 2013 and 2014, when Larry Nassar was the national medical coordinator for USA Gymnastics and sexually assaulted her.

The man who sexually abused and victimized Biles (not to mention hundreds of others) was the USAG team physician, when Biles did the following at the 2013 and 2014 World Championships:

2013 World Championships

• Gold medal – All-Around
  • Gold medal – Floor Exercise
  • Silver medal – Vault
  • Bronze medal – Balance Beam
2014 World Championships

• Gold medal – Team
  • Gold medal – Balance Beam
  • Silver medal – Vault
Having to represent USA Gymnastics and prove yourself to be the best in the world while the very organization you are representing has your sexual abuser as its team physician takes mental/emotional fortitude and strength I cannot even fathom.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
The other incredible thing about Simone Biles is that she performed at such astronomically high levels in 2013 and 2014, when Larry Nassar was the national medical coordinator for USA Gymnastics and sexually assaulted her.

The man who sexually abused and victimized Biles (not to mention hundreds of others) was the USAG team physician, when Biles did the following at the 2013 and 2014 World Championships:

2013 World Championships

• Silver medal – Vault
  • Bronze medal – Balance Beam
2014 World Championships

• Gold medal – Team
  • Gold medal – Balance Beam
  • Silver medal – Vault
Having to represent USA Gymnastics and prove yourself to be the best in the world while the very organization you are representing has your sexual abuser as its team physician takes mental/emotional fortitude and strength I cannot even fathom.
She's REALLY work on her vault, expect to see a gold medal in tht excerise this time around.

Reaction Score
Totally agree. I voted Biles.
why this even an issue Biles does things that no one does not even her male counterparts I'm a big Stewie supporter but she's the best pro women's player and plus there are some women in the game who are more athletics than her

Reaction Score
Simone Biles is proof that aliens have landed on earth and are walking among us. I think Babe Ruth was one too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom