Simi Shittu (PF) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Simi Shittu (PF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
yea, this is an incredibly strange phenomenon.
Simply not enough "pull". Not enough hype generated for their players, no media frenzy 24/7, no visible track record of boosting a player's draft stock, not enough fans and likes on Instagram, and far too "blue collar" of a culture. These guys won't get pampered when they come here and they know this well.

Stuff like Calipari's marketing his guys by hosting an NBA scout "pro day" are hard to compete against for programs like ours. It's like you are one of the top 5 incoming engineering students in the country and choosing between schools offering full rides, all enticing obviously, but then the top school mentions that they will host a private expo hosting all the top engineering firms in the world who are recruiting talent in a small room 1-on-1 setting. Of course you are picking that option, if you are serious about your future career, which almost all of these top recruits are. Building brands is starting earlier and earlier each year for these athletes, capitalism at full force.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Simply not enough "pull". Not enough hype generated for their players, no media frenzy 24/7, no visible track record of boosting a player's draft stock, not enough fans and likes on Instagram, and far too "blue collar" of a culture. These guys won't get pampered when they come here and they know this well.

Stuff like Calipari's marketing his guys by hosting an NBA scout "pro day" are hard to compete against for programs like ours. It's like you are one of the top 5 incoming engineering students in the country and choosing between schools offering full rides, all enticing obviously, but then the top school mentions that they will host a private expo hosting all the top engineering firms in the world who are recruiting talent in a small room 1-on-1 setting. Of course you are picking that option, if you are serious about your future career, which almost all of these top recruits are. Building brands is starting earlier and earlier each year for these athletes, capitalism at full force.

Not to mention hanging out with Drake and Jay-Z et al

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Not to mention hanging out with Drake and Jay-Z et al
Or Lebron James and his buddy and president of his sports agency company Rich Paul running into you during your pick up game and ending up hanging out and going to dinner (Cam Reddish).

C

Chief00

Only Brewster package that I can see is the combo of Sid Wilson and Kisunas who played together at Brewster last year. I don't see anybody else on the Brewster roster that UConn is currently after.
Correct and then one!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
3 officials set up uconn not among them. Vanderbilt gets the first...this one has to be a NEXT by now.

C

Chief00

Only a casual fan reads the team's name on the front of the jerseys.
When Stairmaster likes your post - you just know it’s going to implode as indeed it did today when we just offered two Brewster guys.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
When Stairmaster likes your post - you just know it’s going to implode as indeed it did today when we just offered two Brewster guys.

You should check and see which threads you're posting in. I know that's a stretch for casual fans like you, but anything I can do to help.

Reaction Score
Vanderbilt!?!

KO has been on this kid since day once; Chill supposedly has connections here, and we still can't get an official.

Gross.

Reaction Score
LOL - I know VT Academy. In my mind the subject was Bigs but I can see I may have confused people putting that in the Shittu thread.
The words "I was wrong" don't seem to exist in your vocabulary, and yet they seem so often appropriate for you.

Reaction Score
Darius Garland is down to Indiana and Vanderbilt, so I assume that Vandy would look a lot more appealing to Shittu if he had a 5 star PG dishing it to him.

Reaction Score
Five-star forward Simi Shittu talks official visits, schools

Shittu, who ranks as the No. 9 overall prospect in the 2018 class, will visit Vanderbilt the weekend of October 7th, Arizona the weekend of November 4th and North Carolina the weekend of November 11th.

“These are my only confirmed visits so far,” Shittu told Scout. “After the season I may take some or two during the season, I just don’t know right now.”

Shittu said the only other school still involved in his recruitment is South Carolina.

Reaction Score
Five-star forward Simi Shittu talks official visits, schools

Shittu, who ranks as the No. 9 overall prospect in the 2018 class, will visit Vanderbilt the weekend of October 7th, Arizona the weekend of November 4th and North Carolina the weekend of November 11th.

“These are my only confirmed visits so far,” Shittu told Scout. “After the season I may take some or two during the season, I just don’t know right now.”

Shittu said the only other school still involved in his recruitment is South Carolina.
So did he cut us or did we re-focus somewhere else? Because I'm sure we could beat Vanderbilt or South Carolina. Thought we went to see him the other day along with a ton of other coaches. Weird that he doesn't cite more schools as being involved.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
So did he cut us or did we re-focus somewhere else? Because I'm sure we could beat Vanderbilt or South Carolina. Thought we went to see him the other day along with a ton of other coaches. Weird that he doesn't cite more schools as being involved.

We did, very weird

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The words "I was wrong" don't seem to exist in your vocabulary, and yet they seem so often appropriate for you.
Now this is upping your game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69