2023 Recruiting: - Simeon Wilcher | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Simeon Wilcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He was terrible at Peach Jam. Didn't look remotely close to a player of our caliber. He's 6'2, skinny and can't shoot the basketball at all. Like, worse than Andre was in AAU. Unless he was seriously injured or ill that weekend, I'm in HARD pass territory.
Starting to feel the same way, but if he wants to fight for rotation minutes, I'm sure we could do worse for a 12/13th man.

Reaction Score
Would rather just leave the scholarship open for 2023 where we seem in good shape for a lot of guys.
Agreed, I'd much rather have that scholarship for Cole to come back. And if he doesn't, bring in some other grad transfer guard. I think next year's team has deep run potential, and the 2023 also had ridiculous potential

Reaction Score

Let's make it happen

I love the cut of those jerseys. So glad that we moved on from the trash we had in recent years. I dont even mind the new black unis with this cut.

Reaction Score
Would rather just leave the scholarship open for 2023 where we seem in good shape for a lot of guys.

This. I’m fine with a 2 man class for 2022 if it means a 4 man class with multiple top 50 guys in 2023.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
This. I’m fine with a 2 man class for 2022 if it means a 4 man class with multiple top 50 guys in 2023.
Plus Corey is going to redshirt. He’s basically still a 2022 as far as eligibility. We also could potentially use it on a transfer.

Reaction Score
Do we know that at this point in time?
I don't think so. Corey mentioned that he was planning on fighting for playing time and a reason he reclassified was because he felt he could play at this level of competition right now. If he does decide to red-shirt, I imagine it would be announced closer to the start of the season when roles/minutes are more obvious.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score

Hurley and Kimani putting in work! Will be a tough go competing with UNC. Oregon, Cuse, and Maryland are all apparently in the picture as well but I like our chances. Hurley loves his NJ guys.

Nice! Good feeling on this one. I imagine we’ll take a glance at Bouknight clone Jaiden Glover while we’re there as well.

Reaction Score

Hurley and Kimani putting in work! Will be a tough go competing with UNC. Oregon, Cuse, and Maryland are all apparently in the picture as well but I like our chances. Hurley loves his NJ guys.

I feel like Nebraska is always in the mix with these top 100 players...but do they ever land any?

Reaction Score
Could he reclassify?
Was just thinking that. Seemed like we increased our focus here after missing on a lot of the '22 point/combo guards. So either we're going to punt or get a transfer for a year, or see if we can slide someone up.

Reaction Score
Or, Tyrese and RJ stay for their extra year, no one else leaves, and the 22-23 roster is set with Karaban and Clingan. They have a good mix of roster certainly with a bit of flexibility right now,

Reaction Score
Guys staying for their 5th-year has got to be more attractive than it used to be now that we have NIL deals. If we have a good season this year, Rese and Cole could potentially make a good chunk here instead of having to go to overseas... doubtful either is going to the NBA.

Reaction Score
Or, Tyrese and RJ stay for their extra year, no one else leaves, and the 22-23 roster is set with Karaban and Clingan. They have a good mix of roster certainly with a bit of flexibility right now,
right now that is my dream scenario. a starting lineup of cole/hawk/martin/akok/sanogo is a final 4 favorite. i'm favoring martin returning or a big time transfer b/c i'm not ready to pencil aj into the top 5. let's see what he does this year.

Reaction Score
right now that is my dream scenario. a starting lineup of cole/hawk/martin/akok/sanogo is a final 4 favorite. i'm favoring martin returning or a big time transfer b/c i'm not ready to pencil aj into the top 5. let's see what he does this year.
Stop it man.They are decent college players, but no team with Cole and Martin starting will ever be a final four favorite .

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
likely scenario. I don’t like speculating on this stuff but it’s hard to see Gaffney wanting to play second(maybe third) fiddle at point his senior year in this scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom