Silver's Postgame wrap: Offensive struggles continue | The Boneyard

Silver's Postgame wrap: Offensive struggles continue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://snyuconn.com/uconn/football/postgame-wrap-offensive-struggles-continue/

>>“We are sick that we lost this football game and that we lost those other games and what the record is. The guys are in there crushed because we lost the game and we’re going to mourn this loss for 24 hours and then we’re going to get better as a football team,” Diaco said. “We’re not going to let anybody splinter us apart. We’re not going to let anybody try to drive a wedge between the offense and the defense, certainly not you (spoken to me), or create a frustration between one group or the next.

“We’re going to love each other. We’re going to care about each other and we’re going to practice the plays and we’re going to get better. That’s all we’re going to do. We’re going to try hard and everybody’s trying as hard as they can and we’re going to keep getting better and better and better and eventually we’re going to stop making the game-changing, mind-altering, mind-boggling mistakes and the points will show on the scoreboard. That will absolutely happen ”<<

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Where/When is he going to address the fact that the coaches need to get better to. I'm sick of constantly blaming the players. He's got play makers on Offense and has decided to basically shut them down by not calling quick slants or giving a new QB a shot. Not saying Boyle will be amazing, but give the WR's, our strongest unit, a freaking chance to do something. I don't care if it's Whitmer who can get them involved. Just get them freaking involved.

Diaco and the coaches need to take this BYE week and assess what they're doing as well. No where in that quote do I see he or the other coaches taking responsibility for not helping put the players in situations so they have the best chance to win.

Reaction Score
Maybe coaches need different plays as watched the ESPN high(low) lights and two safeties in two games are terrible. Everyone knows we are running and handing off to Max so instead of bringing extra linemen have fullback behind guard and tackle and power running back, close to QB and plow ahead for couple of yards like many teams do when backed up, instead we go double tight end and run behind them with Max lined up back of the end zone. One tight end gets blown up and knocked back couple of yards in end zone and other gets no push and since Max lined up deep and is not a speed back gets tackled by a defender coming all the way from opposite of play. Wrong play, wrong personnel and wrong blocking scheme as been case for many plays this year. Not a great team but a component OC with an average game plan would have us at 3-3 with wins over USF and Tulane, not -1-5.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Kind of BS to direct that comment towards Silver. Silver handles his job like a professional, maybe Diaco should take note.

Reaction Score
“We’re going to love each other. We’re going to care about each other and we’re going to practice the plays and we’re going to get better. That’s all we’re going to do."

You have got to be kidding me. No, you should be having the players hit the heck out of each other while coaches ride their ==='s. They don't need to be reminded to love each other, they know they are brothers on and off the field. You want a love fest, patty cake job? Coach soccer or basket weaving.

Reaction Score
“We’re going to love each other. We’re going to care about each other and we’re going to practice the plays and we’re going to get better. That’s all we’re going to do."

You have got to be kidding me. No, you should be having the players hit the heck out of each other while coaches ride their ==='s. They don't need to be reminded to love each other, they know they are brothers on and off the field. You want a love fest, patty cake job? Coach soccer or basket weaving.

Calm down, he probably means the coaches are not going to eviscerate the players the way PGDL did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom