Silver lining?? | The Boneyard

Silver lining??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With this loss to Syracuse, it might be good thing granted we win tomorrow. Texas AM is young and Gonzaga might not lose much more than they did today. If we win tomorrow, we get a good win that could help us getting ready for the tournament committee in March.

Believe me I wanted to win today, but winning tomorrow might be as good.

Reaction Score
Minicoop69 said:
With this loss to Syracuse, it might be good thing granted we win tomorrow. Texas AM is young and Gonzaga might not lose much more than they did today. If we win tomorrow, we get a good win that could help us getting ready for the tournament committee in March. Believe me I wanted to win today, but winning tomorrow might be as good.

Gonzaga will murder us on the glass.

Reaction Score
Was thinking the same, however Gonzaga's bigs could absolutely abuse our post players, especially the way these games have been called.

Reaction Score
With this loss to Syracuse, it might be good thing granted we win tomorrow. Texas AM is young and Gonzaga might not lose much more than they did today. If we win tomorrow, we get a good win that could help us getting ready for the tournament committee in March.

Believe me I wanted to win today, but winning tomorrow might be as good.
There was no silver lining. Just a bad orange taste.

Reaction Score
Honestly, there simply is no silver lining. This was a team we should beat, and having cuse beat us makes me want to puke my turkey up. Nm who knows when we will get to play them again.

Reaction Score
Getting to play Gonzaga does take off some of the sting. We're not relegated to playing Charlotte or someone horrible.

That said, tomorrow's game is a big one. We won't have many more opportunities for marquee wins.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
The good: Daniel Hamilton played an outstanding game on the offensive end and in rebounding.
Rodney was scintillatingly hot for about 90 seconds.
Omar made up for atrocious stretch with two key threes.
After looking like they would get blown out, this team fought back hard and was on Shonn Miller box out away from having a chance to tie it at the end.
Coach Ollie has game film that will be pure gold for teaching.

Reaction Score
Getting to play Gonzaga does take off some of the sting. We're not relegated to playing Charlotte or someone horrible.

That said, tomorrow's game is a big one. We won't have many more opportunities for marquee wins.

You think the entire team will show up. Still looking for Miller & Gibbs. Add Adams to that list too.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It sucks, but a win tomorrow could be the most valuable RPI win to come out of this tournament come NCAA time.

The only thing we can do is try to learn and move on. This one will sting, and it should. The hope is that the scar tissue it builds is muscle.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
One thing is clear, UConn at this point has no one as good as Napier or Boatright on the rooster this season. For the past two seasons I felt we always had best player. Maybe, by season's end DHam will be that player.

Reaction Score
pnow15 said:
One thing is clear, UConn at this point has no one as good as Napier or Boatright on the rooster this season. For the past two seasons I felt we always had best player. Maybe, by season's end DHam will be that player.

I don't think this is correct at all.

Reaction Score
I don't think this is correct at all.
Hamilton was the best player on the floor. And I thought we may have had the best 2-3 players on the court... but not all of them showed up consistently. They were better today, frustratingly.

Reaction Score
Bazz yes, Boat hell nah. DHam drives me crazy with his over passing but he is better than Boat.

Reaction Score
Sliver lining for me is the fact we have a quick turn around with a game tmrow. We dont have to wait that long for a chance to get the bad orange taste out of our mouths. It really is strange now that so much emphasis is put on these OOC games in Nov and Dec. I hope they can beat Gonzaga because these wins count so much towards our seeding.

Reaction Score
Hate to say the silver lining is not there. Texas A&M beating Gonzaga threw us a good match up for the finals if we were able to beat the Cuse. Now the worst match up possible is staring right at us. We didn't rebound well against Syracuse how are we going to hit the boards vs a 7',6'10, 6'10 front line today? Should be interesting but if the Huskies don't make 12-15 threes this won't be a fun trip to the Bahama's I'm afraid. And the chances of a lot of lobs are close to nil. Who's guarding Wiltjer and if Miller who's guarding Sabonis who had an awful game yesterday and won't be happy? Will need some Mr Enoch today as well as more Nolan.

Ugghh - miracles do happen we'll see.

Reaction Score
Oddly, this is exactly what I see as the silver lining.

Not me :confused: but following up with a nice fresh crow after a super turkey yesterday would be welcome to me at 3pm. My thoughts are turkey leftovers though because this could be really ugly.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Yeah, we could see our frontline being routinely knocked out of bounds in the rebounding action against Karnowski and Sabonis. If they play man and we can penetrate, we could conceivably get them in foul trouble and open the game up. I would love to see Shonn find his inner Kevin Freeman or Jeff Adrien and really get in there and fight for the ball. I was thinking that Enoch could well get minutes today against Karnowski (sp?). Maybe we can run our bigs down the court and wear him out. I am not really liking dham as point guard and would like to see Gibbs and Adams getting Daniel the ball rather than have Daniel starting the offense from the top of the key. We need him in the middle of the zone and he was on the perimeter too much against SU.

My main question is if KO is using this sort of platoon system to develop the players at the cost of some early losses rather than shortening the rotations to play for the win. This may be a good long-term strategy as long as we win enough to get to the dance. But yesterday would have been an important W and bringing in the second team did not seem to work out too well.

Reaction Score
Teams ranked ahead of us lost much worse games (objectively; there is no worse game to lose than vs Cuse, even if they're ranked #1 and we are unranked). Notre Dame lost to Monmouth. Cal lost to SDSU.

We win today, we get a net boost in rankings.

Reaction Score
There really is no silver lining. We lost to a team we should have beaten. We have no inside game thus far, and we will likely lose today. The sky isn't f'alling and we will be fine, but silver lining? No.

Reaction Score
Hamilton puts up a near triple double every night and he is not as good as Bazz or Boat? Wow. Who gets 9 assists in a game? He's a young Magic Johnson. He's our guy with 10 seconds to go and score tied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom