Signing Day Event details | The Boneyard

Signing Day Event details

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
They're not letting people attend who aren't season ticket holders?
poor move IMO. No enough people care about the games, let alone an event like signing day to limit it to only season ticket holders.

Reaction Score
Ever think that they are hoping the energy generated by the Diaco hire is going to create demand for this event? So they are using it to their advantage to generate season ticket sales at the same time? I don't believe it is a bad move. You want to be able to attend special events, buy season tickets.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
or join the UConn Club… BB ticket holders will be there as well..

Reaction Score
It says UConn Club members too.....isn't that anyone that donates at least $50 per year? regardless of season tickets

Reaction Score
It says UConn Club members too.....isn't that anyone that donates at least $50 per year? regardless of season tickets

$100 - "Any donor contributing $100 or more annually to any sport, endowment, capital project, or entity that supports the division of Athletics is automatically a member of the UConn Club and is eligible to receive member benefits"

Reaction Score
The place will be packed. Can't wait.

Remember it only holds, what 1,000 people? Full house for sure.

Reaction Score
Man, I work the first Wednesday February every year. I think this happened last year too.

So......what can I do to petition the NCAA (or whatever 'autonomous' body will be in charge next year) to change the date of National Signing Day?

Reaction Score
Count me in! Look forward to seeing the coaching staff interact with the fans and catching up with the players at the autograph session. Best news I've gotten all week.

Reaction Score
poor move IMO. No enough people care about the games, let alone an event like signing day to limit it to only season ticket holders.
IMO anyone who is a true UCONN football fan would also be a season ticket holder. Why would a casual fan give a hoot about going to signing day. Season Ticket holders can invite guests to signing day. Real UCONN fans buy season tickets. They are very reasonable and also support the University.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
So if our tickets are in my friend's name and my friend lives in FL (moved there last year), I can't go to this?? Damn! I might have to join this UCONN Club. I have never been to a Signing Day before but I really wanted to go to this year's.

Reaction Score
Myself plus my other 5 in my season ticket group are in. Always a great time. should be even better this year getting to hear HCBD and his new staff talk about recruits and program

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
IMO anyone who is a true UCONN football fan would also be a season ticket holder. Why would a casual fan give a hoot about going to signing day. Season Ticket holders can invite guests to signing day. Real UCONN fans buy season tickets. They are very reasonable and also support the University.

It always cracks me up when some pompous fancies themselves Supreme Judge of Who Real UConn Fans Are. I live on another continent, so for me season tickets aren't really practical. I support the school in other ways. That "real" enough for ya?

Reaction Score
So if our tickets are in my friend's name and my friend lives in FL (moved there last year), I can't go to this?? Damn! I might have to join this UCONN Club. I have never been to a Signing Day before but I really wanted to go to this year's.

They don't check ID's so just have your friend sign up for X number of people and then give his name when you go. :cool:

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
They don't check ID's so just have your friend sign up for X number of people and then give his name when you go. :cool:

Thanks sportsart. Funny, I thought about doing this too!

Reaction Score
as usual I'm in plus 2 more (Son and Son-in-Law). Have not missed one yet...

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
It always cracks me up when some pompous fancies themselves Supreme Judge of Who Real UConn Fans Are. I live on another continent, so for me season tickets aren't really practical. I support the school in other ways. That "real" enough for ya?
Can't speak for the OP but my take was that he was talking about folks in close proximity. I'm in Nevada and am pretty sure he wasn't talking about guys like me and you for whom season tix aren't very useful

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Let's hope they're not selling uconn banana hammocks down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom