Signature Games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Signature Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Every now and then someone on the board will mention a particular game that a star player excelled in, sometimes referring to it as that player’s signature game.

While it seems clear that the Pan-Am championship has been the signature game of Kia Nurse’s career overall (so far), the DePaul game was probably her signature game at UConn. Thirty-three points in three quarters!

What are some signature games from other players? I know which one I would choose for Moriah. What about you?
Do you happen to have a link to the Pan-Am Champ game? She's one of my favorites... but I haven't been able to find the game anywhere. Not sure if I'm looking hard enough or if a replay just doesn't exist :confused:

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Maya's freshman year, running down the ball, stealing it and callin time out. I believe it was Keshia S (don't know how to spell the last name) went the length of the court for the layup and win...yup 2 for 1

IIRC, it was vs. DePaul.

Ketia Swanier
went coast-to-coast and made That Basket. ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
IIRC, it was vs. DePaul.

Ketia Swanier
went coast-to-coast and made That Basket. ;)
Ketia had a big hand in that game, but it was one of the early demonstrations that Maya Moore was an uncommon player.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Here is a double - Wilnett Crockett and DT - against Texas in the NCAAs - Uconn down around eight with the clock winding down and the two of them just refused to lose, Crockett rebounding a DT missed free throw if I remember correctly, and DT hitting an unconscious three, and then blocking/stealing the final shot at the foul line as the horn sounded. I think it was the only game of the three NC runs that they were ever in danger of actually losing.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
KML put the stamp on the National Championship in 2015 by scoring uconn's last seven points of the season. Is a stamp like a signature?

Z

Reaction Score
1-21-13. Remember that kid, Chelsea Gray, who played for Duke. If you asked her, she'd undoubtedly say publicly what she said publicly at the time: "I just had an off night." I suspect, however, that she has recurring nightmares about what the incomparable Kelly Faris did to her in what was probably Kelly's most iconic signature game. I highly recommend the replay for anyone who'd enjoy watching a player put on a "clinic" that demonstrates what this program is all about. It was after that game, I think, that Geno said, "A lot of great players have played for this team over the years...but no one has ever done more to honor the uniform than that kid did tonight!"

Reaction Score
John Hancock had his signature game on July 4, 1776:

070223_declaration_hmed5p.grid-6x2.jpg

Wanted to write big enough so George III could read it!!!!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Do you happen to have a link to the Pan-Am Champ game? She's one of my favorites... but I haven't been able to find the game anywhere. Not sure if I'm looking hard enough or if a replay just doesn't exist :confused:
I afraid I have never seen it posted anywhere.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
The game where Taurasi said "I just wanted to hit something orange!" If I recall she also had a great game and she "hit something orange" after a great drive to the basket. A signature moment not just for Taurasi but for Husky fandom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom