Signature Games | The Boneyard

Signature Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Every now and then someone on the board will mention a particular game that a star player excelled in, sometimes referring to it as that player’s signature game.

While it seems clear that the Pan-Am championship has been the signature game of Kia Nurse’s career overall (so far), the DePaul game was probably her signature game at UConn. Thirty-three points in three quarters!

What are some signature games from other players? I know which one I would choose for Moriah. What about you?

Reaction Score
Every now and then someone on the board will mention a particular game that a star player excelled in, sometimes referring to it as that player’s signature game.

What are some signature games from other players? I know which one I would choose for Moriah. What about you?
At South Carolina Feb 9, 2015. 16 points (7/9 from the field, 1/1 from 3, 1/1 on FTs), 4 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, 1 TO. And the sickest hesitation/blow-by drive to the basket I've ever seen. That game elevated her to AA status.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
At South Carolina Feb 9, 2015. 16 points (7/9 from the field, 1/1 from 3, 1/1 on FTs), 4 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, 1 TO. And the sickest hesitation/blow-by drive to the basket I've ever seen. That game elevated her to AA status.
Yup! I rewatched that game (for about the 5th time) recently. It's a highlight film for Mo and KML.

Reaction Score
Signature game for Morgan Tuck was last year's SC game - at least Kara Lawson thought so, when at halftime she said the difference in the game had been "Morgan Tuck, Morgan Tuck, Morgan Tuck."

Signature game for Tiffany Hayes was the Louisville game in her freshman year, shortly after CD2 had again torn her ACL. I still remember how Tiff was being interviewed after hitting all those threes, and her BFF came clomping across the floor on crutches to hug her and congratulate her.

Reaction Score
The amazing Maya throwing up 40 on Syracuse a few years back might have been her signature game, although she had so many great ones.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
John Hancock had his signature game on July 4, 1776:

070223_declaration_hmed5p.grid-6x2.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In my mind, Moriah was at an AA level before that game. That game moved her up a notch to NPOY consideration.

BTW, I saw a nice vehicle in Alexandria, VA yesterday with plates that read "J66." I thought you might be visiting. ;)

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
In my mind, Moriah was at an AA level before that game. That game moved her up a notch to NPOY consideration.

BTW, I saw a nice vehicle in Alexandria, VA yesterday with plates that read "J66." I thought you might be visiting. ;)
Others have suggested this, and I agree: She probably cemented the Lieberman award that day.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Signature game for Morgan Tuck was last year's SC game - at least Kara Lawson thought so, when at halftime she said the difference in the game had been "Morgan Tuck, Morgan Tuck, Morgan Tuck."
I have to disagree slightly- Morgan's signature game was the last time UCONN played at ND.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Pretty much every game Diana played, but the cherry on top game was at Duke when she gave the Cameron Crazies the "call me" sign after beating them!
Dee did have several, but the one with the 3/4-court bomb plus the 3-pointer to tie the game late--against the Evil Empire, back when they were willing to play us--was her most dramatic.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Pretty much every game Diana played, but the cherry on top game was at Duke when she gave the Cameron Crazies the "call me" sign after beating them!
Here's the other shot from Dee. Those would be career highlights for most players, but Dee hit both in the same game to keep the streak alive.

After THAT game, the consensus view was that Diana could do anything.

Reaction Score
In my mind, Moriah was at an AA level before that game. That game moved her up a notch to NPOY consideration. I think she was already playing at an AA level, but that game gave her the national exposure to start getting her deserved recognition.

BTW, I saw a nice vehicle in Alexandria, VA yesterday with plates that read "J66." I thought you might be visiting. ;) Sorry, not me. (But I DID stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night :cool: )

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Maybe not a signature game but I do remember quite a signature moment from DT...now I've been searching and searching and can't find the clip. I can't even remember what game it was. But what I do remember is D drilling a much needed shot then turns and runs back on defense. Now the camera crew just happened to get her at just the right moment bc what you saw on ESPN or whatever network was broadcasting was just a stunner...running back she mouths Bull$*** Mother******! Camera caught it, and viewers at home certainly caught it. Was never replayed but I'd love to see that moment again! Anyone remember this or the game that was being played??

Reaction Score

While it seems clear that the Pan-Am championship has been the signature game of Kia Nurse’s career overall (so far), the DePaul game was probably her signature game at UConn. Thirty-three points in three quarters!

Kelly Schumacher's block party against Tennessee.

Reaction Score
Maybe not a signature game but I do remember quite a signature moment from DT...now I've been searching and searching and can't find the clip. I can't even remember what game it was. But what I do remember is D drilling a much needed shot then turns and runs back on defense. Now the camera crew just happened to get her at just the right moment bc what you saw on ESPN or whatever network was broadcasting was just a stunner...running back she mouths Bull$*** Mother******! Camera caught it, and viewers at home certainly caught it. Was never replayed but I'd love to see that moment again! Anyone remember this or the game that was being played??
I also have a memory of a DT moment that I can't find anywhere and don't remember which game it was. It was a competitive game and we needed DT to take over, which she did. She took the ball in the half-court offense and moved away from her double-team by moving away from the basket and popping in a perfect hook shot - something DT never did. The cameras caught her, and Geno heard her, jogging back down on defense and telling one of the opposing double-teamers, "That's my hook shot."

Reaction Score
Diana's loss against Notre Dame her freshman year because in her mind never again in the final four

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I also have a memory of a DT moment that I can't find anywhere and don't remember which game it was. It was a competitive game and we needed DT to take over, which she did. She took the ball in the half-court offense and moved away from her double-team by moving away from the basket and popping in a perfect hook shot - something DT never did. The cameras caught her, and Geno heard her, jogging back down on defense and telling one of the opposing double-teamers, "That's my hook shot."
Now that's one I've never heard. Hope a video surfaces.

Reaction Score
Maya's freshman year, running down the ball, stealing it and callin time out. I believe it was Keshia S (don't know how to spell the last name) went the length of the court for the layup and win...yup 2 for 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom