Sign Of Spring: UConn Football Practice Starts Saturday; QB Question Lingers (Des) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sign Of Spring: UConn Football Practice Starts Saturday; QB Question Lingers (Des)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Juco Transfer Target (from discussion in 2016 Recruiting Thread but believe he would be a 2015 Recruit):

From earlier tonight:
Garrett Anderson ‏@grsa94 1h1 hour ago
I have received an offer from UConn. Hard work pays off, but God deserves all the glory #HuskyPride

QBcoach1 9:21pm via Twitter for Android
@WillHewlett trained Juco Garrett Anderson pulls a #UConn offer.#TheStable Coach Hewlett has is no joke. I cant keep up w all the offers

I was a bit confused by his Hudl (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/168679/) that lists him as Classs of 2017 - then I figured it must mean college graduation year as opposed to recruit class year?. He graduated HS in CA in 2013.

From an article the last week of February discussing a visit to Colorado State University:

>>Anderson, who does not hold any offers at the moment, will take an official visit to UConn the weekend prior to taking his visit to CSU. He thinks that since each school is taking the time to pay his way out for a visit, offers from each are strong possibilities. "Yeah definitely," he said. "For UConn and Colorado State, I'm the only transfer quarterback that they've talked to. They said that if everything goes good when they meet me and they like me, that they want to see what I'm about, and just see what kind of person I am. That's the final thing that they want to see. That's when I think they'll pull the trigger."

...Anderson will be a junior this fall and will have three years to play two.<<

Reportedly will decide after his CSU visit.
He likes to whip it around. Big boy and Balis kid with those bench and squat #s - while in HS was PRO style QB with some interest from Colorado.

It's only fair that someone tell him it's great to have God in your life but he will need to keep him out of the huddle...

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
He should come here and get an education...
I know. The expertise of the posters on this board is unmatched. All have been football fans for the greater part of their lives, some actually played football in high school and one even played in college (for a Yankee conference school).

How anyone can think we don't know better than the coaching staff at UConn (you know, professionals) is beyond me.

Reaction Score
Juco Transfer Target (from discussion in 2016 Recruiting Thread but believe he would be a 2015 Recruit):

From earlier tonight:
Garrett Anderson ‏@grsa94 1h1 hour ago
I have received an offer from UConn. Hard work pays off, but God deserves all the glory #HuskyPride

QBcoach1 9:21pm via Twitter for Android
@WillHewlett trained Juco Garrett Anderson pulls a #UConn offer.#TheStable Coach Hewlett has is no joke. I cant keep up w all the offers

I was a bit confused by his Hudl (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/168679/) that lists him as Classs of 2017 - then I figured it must mean college graduation year as opposed to recruit class year?. He graduated HS in CA in 2013.

From an article the last week of February discussing a visit to Colorado State University:

>>Anderson, who does not hold any offers at the moment, will take an official visit to UConn the weekend prior to taking his visit to CSU. He thinks that since each school is taking the time to pay his way out for a visit, offers from each are strong possibilities. "Yeah definitely," he said. "For UConn and Colorado State, I'm the only transfer quarterback that they've talked to. They said that if everything goes good when they meet me and they like me, that they want to see what I'm about, and just see what kind of person I am. That's the final thing that they want to see. That's when I think they'll pull the trigger."

...Anderson will be a junior this fall and will have three years to play two.<<

Reportedly will decide after his CSU visit.

From a J Silver Article today:
* UConn has targeted quarterback Garrett Anderson from Laney College in Oakland, Calif. Anderson was on campus and at practice on Saturday for the Huskies. The Huskies are short in depth at quarterback and have Tom Boyle, Bryant Shirreffs and Tyler Davis in camp. Anderson played at Laney this past season and was a backup. Anderson is 6-2, 225-pounds and is a running style quarterback who reportedly runs a 4.7 40.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Joe D reading tweets about Anderson during basketball game.

How does Wayne do his job without reading twitter? Is Willimantic so backwards that you can work in the media and be a few hours behind?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Anderson played at Laney this past season and was a backup.

Wait....what??? Am I misreading that? His stat line shows him playing in just about every game, but there aren't a lot of throws per game. So that makes it hard to tell.

Well, if that is the case, then UConn and Colorado State see something in this kid that the Laney CC coach didn't. Here's hoping that Diaco found a diamond in the rough...

Reaction Score

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sounds as though he's coming. 4 is a much better number than 3.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what the issue is. Uconn got their top choice. They needed another guy and landed someone who might be able to step in to bridge to Davis. Best case he turns out to be pretty good and starts 2 years. Worst case he doesn't work but provides some depth. The other option was land a 2nd true frosh, but that is tough. Or a grad but those are limited too. Think of this as the kid from Georgia only with more experience, and no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom