Sign Of Spring: UConn Football Practice Starts Saturday; QB Question Lingers (Des) | The Boneyard

Sign Of Spring: UConn Football Practice Starts Saturday; QB Question Lingers (Des)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's good to see all the changes with our kids.. We at least look like we can match up physically with FBS schools that are in P5 conferences now.. and, with all the improvement in that short period of time I expect to see much more come August when camp opens...

Reaction Score
I'd say who plays qb more than lingers. It is the dark cloud hanging over the program right now. I don't think anyone but Des, and maybe Mrs Boyle, thinks Tim is the favorite to start. And even Mrs B is probably doubtful.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If I'm not mistaken, Des had a "shell" article up at first (more like notes) before fully fleshing out the version there now. When I first read it, I thought the comments about QB leadership, particularly Boyle starting with a clean slate or something to that effect, weren't exactly a ringing endorsement for an incumbent junior.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Found it on Twitter :
Diaco on Boyle leadership: "He has a long way to go as they all do. He's no different than Tyler or Bryant there. It's a clean slate."

Reaction Score
Found it on Twitter :
Diaco on Boyle leadership: "He has a long way to go as they all do. He's no different than Tyler or Bryant there. It's a clean slate."

"I'd like to see a leader emerge from those three [junior Tim Boyle, sophomore transfer Bryant Shirreffs and true freshman Tyler Davis)," Diaco said during a teleconference Wednesday. "Everybody for practice one is expected to be full speed, so through that competition I'm very hopeful that not only will a leader emerge, but we'll have a pecking order of 1-2-3 at the end of [the final practice]. That's what we're working toward, no doubt."

Reaction Score
From Des:

Diaco said the Huskies are in the market to add at least one more player before preseason practice starts.
That player is believed to be a quarterback — likely one from junior college.
"We're open to adding another player to the roster and we might add one more before the summer, a definite possibility," Diaco said.

http://touch.courant.com/#section/2262/article/p2p-82971517/

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Found it on Twitter :
Not really of an endorsement of a guy who was under center last year. My gut is that although Boyle's going get his shot, the staff doesn't have confidence in his ability to step up, regardless of his arm strength. I'd be happy to be wrong though. Seems like a good kid who has done all that has been asked of him.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not that he doesn't love the staff, but it's not like they can be honest if they don't.

Reaction Score
They actually can be honest. They can speak up. They can even elect to take their gifts elesewhere. This is not a prison and no one is forced to stay here and do their time. Is it possible that the kids on this team are actually buying in? THE HORROR!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They actually can be honest. They can speak up. They can even elect to take their gifts elesewhere. This is not a prison and no one is forced to stay here and do their time. Is it possible that the kids on this team are actually buying in? THE HORROR!

LOL yeah publically saying negative things about your coaches is a great idea. Could you post a concept more ridiculous than this?

The level of cluelessness around here is incredible at this point.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure Jefferson Ashiru and his family were quite frank about their dislike for the staff. However, he's the only example that comes to mind at the moment.

Reaction Score

I would think that pointing out that players generally won't rip coaches publicly would be Captain Obvious worthy. Not sure what the hell you're whining about now. He even stated that Obi may truly love the staff.

Are you passive aggressively implying that whaler would be disappointed that players are buying in?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure Jefferson Ashiru and his family were quite frank about their dislike for the staff. However, he's the only example that comes to mind at the moment.

And two days later there were unnamed sources bashing him in a Dez article. Shocker.

Reaction Score
Clockshop said:
From Des:

Diaco said the Huskies are in the market to add at least one more player before preseason practice starts.
That player is believed to be a quarterback — likely one from junior college.
"We're open to adding another player to the roster and we might add one more before the summer, a definite possibility," Diaco said.

http://touch.courant.com/#section/2262/article/p2p-82971517/

Please. Please. Please be true. We need more competition at qb.

Tyler needs to be redshirted.

Reaction Score
Please. Please. Please be true. We need more competition at qb.

Tyler needs to be redshirted.

I'm interested in another QB and intrigued by the Hegarty kid from ND who is looking for a new home for his last year.

Another QB and an interior OL is just what this team needs.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Found it on Twitter :
Thats telling...He still has a long way to go on leadership and is in his third year in program, second with Diaco.

I would have expected him to have shown his leadership even when his play has not lived up to the hype - his is a Junior and not a RS Freshman.

Reaction Score
Juco Transfer Target (from discussion in 2016 Recruiting Thread but believe he would be a 2015 Recruit):

From earlier tonight:
Garrett Anderson ‏@grsa94 1h1 hour ago
I have received an offer from UConn. Hard work pays off, but God deserves all the glory #HuskyPride

QBcoach1 9:21pm via Twitter for Android
@WillHewlett trained Juco Garrett Anderson pulls a #UConn offer.#TheStable Coach Hewlett has is no joke. I cant keep up w all the offers

I was a bit confused by his Hudl (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/168679/) that lists him as Classs of 2017 - then I figured it must mean college graduation year as opposed to recruit class year?. He graduated HS in CA in 2013.

From an article the last week of February discussing a visit to Colorado State University:

>>Anderson, who does not hold any offers at the moment, will take an official visit to UConn the weekend prior to taking his visit to CSU. He thinks that since each school is taking the time to pay his way out for a visit, offers from each are strong possibilities. "Yeah definitely," he said. "For UConn and Colorado State, I'm the only transfer quarterback that they've talked to. They said that if everything goes good when they meet me and they like me, that they want to see what I'm about, and just see what kind of person I am. That's the final thing that they want to see. That's when I think they'll pull the trigger."

...Anderson will be a junior this fall and will have three years to play two.<<

Reportedly will decide after his CSU visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom