Sierra Calhoun vs Kia Nurse | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sierra Calhoun vs Kia Nurse

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I too am thrilled that Kia Nurse decided to come to UConn.
But I hope we're not going to spend a lot of time disparaging the ones that got away. That's pretty bush league.
To borrow from last night's announcers, that's not how we should comport ourselves.

Reaction Score
I think sierra is a good player but overrated like her brother Omar is but don't get me wrong she will grow and get a lot better.

Reaction Score
To me she can be there best player. She needs more touches maybe the offense should be run threw her. But also she has CT ties with Deshena Stevens being her big sister. Maybe she was trying to get Geno attention I want to play at UConn lol

The freshman I was most impressed with was Azura Stevens. Scored 16 points against UCONN on a team filled with other freshmen playing against upper classmen at UCONN. I guess it is possible for freshmen to have really good games against UCONN...

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
As far as rankings go...Nurse being Canadian probably didn't really benefit from all the AAU games and tournaments that Calhoun participated in. It stands to reason that the rating services were going to treat Sierra better given that to them she was a known quantity whereas Kia was virtually an unknown to them.

Reaction Score
The bottom line is and its no knock on Sierra....Sierra is no Kia....

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I think the comparison should be Kia Nurse v. Asia Durr. Asia may have chosen Louisville because we already had too many guards, particularly Kia. Asia may be fabulous, but I doubt she's better than Kia. We already know that Kia Nurse is a fabulous player at the college level.
I would think the jury would still be out on a Durr vs Nurse. I love Nurse, but I don't think Durr will take a back seat to anyone from what I've read and seen. Durr would be our Mo Jeff I think more than our Nurse? True point guard I thought.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
To me she can be there best player. She needs more touches maybe the offense should be run threw her. But also she has CT ties with Deshena Stevens being her big sister. Maybe she was trying to get Geno attention I want to play at UConn lol
The Steven's girl is almost the best player on Duke right now. She could not make it up and down the court a few times. But she has it all and will be prolific. With talented pt guards next year, the skies the limit for her and Duke if coach P can finally get them on the same page for 40 minutes.

Reaction Score
I would take Nurse over Calhoun even if she didn't come to UCONN, however, swap the players. Calhoun plays with Mo, KML, Stewert and has Geno as a coach and Nurse is coached by JPC and Duke's cast....Calhoun would probably look better as well.

Reaction Score
The Steven's girl is almost the best player on Duke right now. She could not make it up and down the court a few times. But she has it all and will be prolific. With talented pt guards next year, the skies the limit for her and Duke if coach P can finally get them on the same page for 40 minutes.
They been saying good things about Duke the last couple years about these promising gaurds but when they play good teams I never see them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom