Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Maddy Siegrist with 50 points vs Seton Hall today:
20-26 FG (77%)
4-6 3 PT (67%)
6-8 FT (75%)
10 rebounds
OMG.....she was out of control today. Judging by those numbers, it sounds like she was in a zone. When you put it up 26 times, and only misfire 6 times, you’re in a zone. The basket probably looked the size of a hula-hoop for her today. 50 points.....that’s insane. I’m glad she didn’t do it against us. :confused:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
OMG.....she was out of control today. Judging by those numbers, it sounds like she was in a zone. When you put it up 26 times, and only miss-fire 6 times, you’re in a zone. The basket probably looked the size of a hoola-hoop to Siegrist today. 50 points.....that’s insane. :eek:
Let her get it out of her system now

Reaction Score
OMG.....she was out of control today. Judging by those numbers, it sounds like she was in a zone. When you put it up 26 times, and only miss 6 times, you’re in a zone. The basket probably looked the size of a hoola-hoop to Siegrist today. 50 points.....that’s insane. :eek:
She's special. Those who doubts Maddy's prospects for the WNBA should think again.

Siegrist is a lock for the Big East POY, with apologies to Aaliyah and Aneesah, and I'd think should be seriously considered for first-team All-American.

I wish I'd seen the game today, but I'm glad I got to see her play a solid game vs. the Huskies at the XL Center. It'll be interesting to see what Geno has in store for Maddy when the Huskies visit Philly.

Reaction Score
She's special. Those who doubts Maddy's prospects for the WNBA should think again.

Siegrist is a lock for the Big East POY, with apologies to Aaliyah and Aneesah, and I'd think should be seriously considered for first-team All-American.

I wish I'd seen the game today, but I'm glad I got to see her play a solid game vs. the Huskies at the XL Center. It'll be interesting to see what Geno has in store for Maddy when the Huskies visit Philly.
Siegrist played just 32 minutes, too, and she had 10 rebounds. I was interested that Villanova had just four offensive rebounds vs. Seton Hall, but that figures since it didn't have many to chase after... LOL! The rest of the team shot 18 of 33.

From what I could find in the Big East media guide, Maddy broke the league scoring record by seven points. Angel McCoughtry of Providence had 43 in a 2009 game and Jaylyn Agnew of Creighton tied that in 2020.

Who knows what might transpire in years to come, but it's a good bet Maddy's record will be there for a while.

Well done, Maddy Siegrist!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Seton Hall's defense must have been horrible today. When Maddy played against UConn she scored 25 points going 9-23, 1-6 from 3, and 6-6 at the line with only 8 rebounds. Not saying she had a bad game, she was just better contained, especially in the last 8 minutes of the 4th quarter where she didn't score a point.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Siegrist played just 32 minutes, too, and she had 10 rebounds. I was interested that Villanova had just four offensive rebounds vs. Seton Hall, but that figures since it didn't have many to chase after... LOL! The rest of the team shot 18 of 33.

From what I could find in the Big East media guide, Maddy broke the league scoring record by seven points. Angel McCoughtry of Providence had 43 in a 2009 game and Jaylyn Agnew of Creighton tied that in 2020.

Who knows what might transpire in years to come, but it's a good bet Maddy's record will be there for a while.

Well done, Maddy Siegrist!

One small correction.................Angel McCoughtry went to Louisville, not Providence. I agree that the record last for a while. UConn's single-game scoring record is held by Nykesha Sales who scored 46 points vs. Stanford on Dec. 21, 1997.

A three-time WBCA All-American, Angel McCoughtry concluded her four-year career (2005-09) as the program's all-time leader in points (2,779), rebounds (1,261), and steals (481). Her point total ranks in the top 30 all-time in NCAA Division I history. McCoughtry, who led Louisville to its first national championship game in 2009, averaged 20.0 points, 9.1 rebounds, and 3.5 steals in her decorated career. Among her many accolades, she was named the 2007 BIG EAST Player of the Year and the 2009 BIG EAST Defensive Player of the Year. McCoughtry was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2009 WNBA Draft by the Atlanta Dream. Wikipedia link

1676148837117.png

Angel McCoughtry, Former UofL Women's Basketball Player - 2005-2009​

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Seton Hall's defense must have been horrible today. When Maddy played against UConn she scored 25 points going 9-23, 1-6 from 3, and 6-6 at the line with only 8 rebounds. Not saying she had a bad game, she was just better contained, especially in the last 8 minutes of the 4th quarter where she didn't score a point.
It's THAT TIME of the year. :confused:

sun

Reaction Score
She doesn't foul much because she has amazing body control.
I noticed that during the UConn game.
She was able to stop on a dime & make a pull up without crashing into the defender & committing a foul.

Reaction Score
One small correction.................Angel McCoughtry went to Louisville, not Providence. I agree that the record last for a while. UConn's single-game scoring record is held by Nykesha Sales who scored 46 points vs. Stanford on Dec. 21, 1997.

A three-time WBCA All-American, Angel McCoughtry concluded her four-year career (2005-09) as the program's all-time leader in points (2,779), rebounds (1,261), and steals (481). Her point total ranks in the top 30 all-time in NCAA Division I history. McCoughtry, who led Louisville to its first national championship game in 2009, averaged 20.0 points, 9.1 rebounds, and 3.5 steals in her decorated career. Among her many accolades, she was named the 2007 BIG EAST Player of the Year and the 2009 BIG EAST Defensive Player of the Year. McCoughtry was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2009 WNBA Draft by the Atlanta Dream. Wikipedia link

View attachment 84016

Good catch, Carnac... thanks! For a player of her stature, I should have remembered that.:oops:

Reaction Score

I did doubt it at beginning of year, but she has really stepped it up. Todays performance was insanity. Hope the hoop looks like a thimble to her the next time we play them.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

View attachment 84016

Not mentioned, but was also an important player for USA basketball providing instant offense and defense off the bench.

Reaction Score
Extremely impressive performance. I hope she doesn’t repeat it next Saturday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom