Sid's Jumpshot | The Boneyard

Sid's Jumpshot

Reaction Score
Hey, first time long time. What do you guys make of Sid's shooting mechanics? His shot trajectory is glaringly low/line drivey, but his release itself is kind of smooth imo, and his touch was apparent with that dirty bank tonight. It might take a couple years but I think it'll be fun to see his shot progress, he's definitely not hopeless there.

Reaction Score
Offseason work can’t be doing that mid season

Reaction Score
For a player who is shooting a low percentage (smaller sample size, of course), he looks like he has a nice touch. I’m hopeful.

Reaction Score
He looked like he was becoming more comfortable tonight and he has major upside. Hoping for a nice second half of the season for him.

Reaction Score
Plus add some bulk. I’m sure Sally will go to work on him too and add some meat on them bones. Then we’ll have ourselves a real Sid Vicious.

Reaction Score
I have mentioned this before: his shot is incredibly flat . Because he doesnt get his hand under the ball. Gets no elbow lift and cant get arc.

Shooting 201 is all about hand position on the ball. His balance seems okay. Gotta think there's potential there with a good offseason.

Reaction Score
I have mentioned this before: his shot is incredibly flat . Because he doesnt get his hand under the ball. Gets no elbow lift and cant get arc.

Shooting 201 is all about hand position on the ball. His balance seems okay. Gotta think there's potential there with a good offseason.

Tom Moore responded to something I sent him recently, so why don't you make that suggestion. They should know, but maybe they're so wound up with other issues no one has diagnosed the issue.

Reaction Score
Tom Moore responded to something I sent him recently, so why don't you make that suggestion. They should know, but maybe they're so wound up with other issues no one has diagnosed the issue.

@Chief00 pass it on for me? 50k a year with a room on campus and I'll be full time shooting coach.

Reaction Score
His release isn’t bad. Needs to elevate more. Shots on way up, resulting in lots of misses long. Also might still just be a little jacked up, and excited.

C

Chief00

@Chief00 pass it on for me? 50k a year with a room on campus and I'll be full time shooting coach.

I agree that he still may be a little jacked up. Also, generally agree it’s more about the shot trajectory (not enough arc) than the touch itself. There is no reason to believe he won’t get the necessary leg lift except sometimes when he gets crowded and it’s more about strength and power.
The time to really work on someone’s shot in Chief’s opinion, is the offseason. A major mechanical correction can make things worse before it gets better. But, he should be in the gym individually taking hundreds of shots daily.
Let Chief think about how to message this offer since it could be misconstrued. LOL of course, I know it’s an offer to help a player not criticize coaches. Also, it’s unclear to me if it’s even permissible under NCAA rules - especially getting paid and housed. Sounds like a “coach” to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom