Sidney Wilson vs. Lafayette | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sidney Wilson vs. Lafayette

Reaction Score
I've watched every game. You used to coach high school basketball, bully for you. Never said Jalen Adams sucks in big games. Great post other than that.

Were you at the Garden when Polley got destroyed by Cook?

You realize Polley only played 20 minutes against Iowa because of foul trouble right? And he wasn’t guarding Cook the whole time he was on the floor. This is D1 basketball. Elite players are going to have nights where they look like NBA stars. Overall, Polley has been one of our better defenders. I’m not saying he’s perfect but he’s light years ahead of Wilson based on what we’ve seen so far. Wilson has more upside and is more athletic. This is the same discussion others are having on Cobb vs. Carlton. There’s a reason Cobb had almost a double double in the first half and sat for most of the second half. And there’s a reason we played better than AZ in the second half. I wouldn’t expect someone like you to be able to pick up on these intricacies, but if you don’t understand what you’re watching you should just sit back and maybe not act like you know everything.

Reaction Score
What have we seen from Wilson? He's barely been on the floor. This is like people talking about how much better Diarra is than some of our other bigs.

Reaction Score
If you’re expecting our skinny sophomores to lock down B1G upperclassmen averaging 15 and 8 and our lead guards to be Kemba/Shabazz level right now, this is gonna be a miserable season or two for you.
Cook torched him, I like Polley but as Intlzncster points out he hasn't shown the footspeed to really stay in front of 3's and he just doesn't have the strength to deal with any sort of loads in the paint. Expecting our lead guards to be Kemba/Shabazz level is just a silly comment.

Reaction Score
Does anyone have an idea why tonight's game is at 6pm? Doesn't seem to make much sense to me unless there's some secret event in the XL center later that night

Reaction Score
Does anyone have an idea why tonight's game is at 6pm? Doesn't seem to make much sense to me unless there's some secret event in the XL center later that night
I can’t tell you what is happening, but wear one of these:
eyes-wide-shut-mask-tom-cruise.jpg

Password:
Fidelio

Reaction Score
What have we seen from Wilson? He's barely been on the floor. This is like people talking about how much better Diarra is than some of our other bigs.
We've seen very little playing time but I think a lot can be gleaned from those minutes, his talent is evident. There obviously will be a fair amount of growing pains but the rewards could be really big because of his upside, he's the best athlete on the team IMO. Diarra is a different deal, I think we have a decent understanding of what he can give us if he is ever healthy.

Reaction Score
We've seen very little playing time but I think a lot can be gleaned from those minutes, his talent is evident. There obviously will be a fair amount of growing pains but the rewards could be really big because of his upside, he's the best athlete on the team IMO. Diarra is a different deal, I think we have a decent understanding of what he can give us if he is ever healthy.

The comment was that Wilson is light years behind Polley defensively. Seems like a stretch given the minutes he's played.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom