Sidney Wilson, Sr.: St. John’s wasn’t helpful in son’s waiver request | The Boneyard

Sidney Wilson, Sr.: St. John’s wasn’t helpful in son’s waiver request

Reaction Score
Sidney Wilson, Sr.: St. John’s wasn’t helpful in son’s waiver request

But UConn didn’t get much cooperation from St. John’s. According to Wilson, Sr., St. John’s coach Chris Mullin told the UConn staff that he supported Wilson’s transfer and eligibility. But when asked to provide that backing in writing, he balked.

“That’s the same guy who said he wasn’t gonna hold him back, that ‘you’ve got a great kid coming your way,’” Wilson, Sr. said.

According to St. John’s athletic director Anton Goff, the NCAA asked St. John’s if it wanted to provide a letter either supporting or opposing Wilson’s waiver.

“We decided to do neither,” said Goff, “and let UConn apply for the waiver on their own merits. If the young man gets in, fine. But we didn’t support it, and we didn’t not support it.”

Reaction Score
Instead of joining the C7 we should add UMASS and Stony Brook (much better NYC school than St Johns) to the AAC (basketball only) and destroy the C7.

Reaction Score
Nevermind that a young mans future is in the balance. Bunch of @$ playing with the kid as if he is some pawn. Screw Goff, hope St. Johns continues to languish in low level mediocrity for the foreseeable future.

Reaction Score
AD at St. Johns was at Univ. of Hartford before he moved on to St. Johns. Must be upset UConn never scheduled them.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
A whole bag full .... They can have.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Is the entire story sourced from Wilson’s family and not the school?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Is the entire story sourced from Wilson’s family and not the school?
It's quoting the AD. But the family might be the only source for how happy they were to see him go, which sounds like BS to me.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's quoting the AD. But the family might be the only source for how happy they were to see him go, which sounds like BS to me.

I meant he has the details on when the final presentation was and when the decision may be made from Wilson’s family and not UConn.

They could accuse St John’s being satanists - who cares.

Reaction Score
Yes, good job to Dave and that's a pretty classless move by StJ. However, if the NCAA would be influenced by the former school is a larger problem than Mullen writing them a letter or whatever.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Even if he’s cleared one of he beat writers, Borges I think, said he’s likely to redshirt.
I thought back when he transferred there was a real question as to whether he had actually taken any classes. Knowing now that he did, I don't see how he gets a waiver.

Reaction Score
dick_bag_f4afb4bb-f543-42d3-b1ae-9e9fdb3a474a_grande.png

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Even if he’s cleared one of he beat writers, Borges I think, said he’s likely to redshirt.

If he is cleared he is playing.

Why else go through this process?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So he can travel with the team

So you think they would go through the effort to get the waiver. Then after getting the approval say... eh forget it. We just wanted him to be able to watch in person.

Sure he wants to play, and we need him and we have a bad relationship with the NCAA.

Lets spend time and resources on this so that he can go on a couple of roadtrips.

Ok.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
So you think they would go through the effort to get the waiver. Then after getting the approval say... eh forget it. We just wanted him to be able to watch in person.

Sure he wants to play, and we need him and we have a bad relationship with the NCAA.

Lets spend time and resources on this so that he can go on a couple of roadtrips.

Ok.

No, at first I believe they were hoping he would be able to play. But at this point, it’s so that he can travel with the team. That’s what I have gathered from what the beat writers are saying. Relax.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom