Sideline seats for students? | The Boneyard

Sideline seats for students?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hadn't seen it posted here. The new AD just said the he is looking to have one non-conference game next year at Gampel where the students will sit along the sideline. I say why bother? But I know many think this is the big deal.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Hadn't seen it posted here. The new AD just said the he is looking to have one non-conference game next year at Gampel where the students will sit along the sideline. I say why bother? But I know many think this is the big deal.
You don't like it because it doesn't matter, it's too little or what?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I like the idea. I don't care for sidelines really. I think the students should be on the bottom behind both hoops and to the top behind the hoops

Reaction Score
My roommate and I were saying it would be great if they did a huge expansion of the student section for the College GameDay game at Syracuse this season. Apparently something similar happened in '05 for the game against Pitt but that was due to a blizzard or something, not too familiar with the history of that.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It looks like the school is experimenting. It probably is too late for this season. So next year it is. I give them credit for trying new things and seeing how it works out. I've been in favor of having students closer to the court and not just behind the basket. But I have no way of knowing if this helps the atmosphere at games without observing it. Furthermore the allocation of those seats has to be weighed with potential loss of revenue. The approach to test things with one game is a smart decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom