side note: is boatright thinking nba next year? | The Boneyard

side note: is boatright thinking nba next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure what your link is for, but yes Boat is trying to make the nba asap

Reaction Score
He was thinking NBA this year. He will go as soon as he can.

Reaction Score
guard Ryan Boatright ready to leave for the NBA as soon as possible.
____
http://therecruitscoop.com/

If he plays well enough to leave early it means good things for the team probably. I just hope he doesn't take an approach with the NBA too much in mind. We need our PG to get the other players involved.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I think Boatright is in for a rude awakening if he thinks he is NBA ready.

Love his heart and he is certainly electric, but smaller guys who aren't pure passers and or knock down shooters typically aren't two and done type players, especially at UConn.

Does anyone think Boatright is better than AJ Price? AJ got picked in the 2nd round, pick #22 by comparison.

Reaction Score
I'd wait to judge Boat after the upcoming season with him running point fulltime, Boat doesn't have AJ's size(and AJ looks small in the NBA), but he's a much better athlete.

Reaction Score
I'd wait to judge Boat after the upcoming season with him running point fulltime, Boat doesn't have AJ's size(and AJ looks small in the NBA), but he's a much better athlete.

Boat is not ready for the NBA after his frosh year but I do believe he will get there eventually. He's a great athlete with great explosion, but he needs to make that mid-rnage game special to be really good in the next level and even next year!!!...................As far as AJ smaller but like aceboon said his upside is really high!! We will see....hope he has some feelers after next year because then his improvement was worth us watching!

Reaction Score
I don't know. Really like Boat so far, but he's shoooooooort. The NBA has got gotten really big, really quick, and really athletic over the years.

He's, maybe, 5/9, 5/10. And slight of build.

I wish him the best when he chooses to go, but he might be in for a large dose of WTF at the next level, because, while quickness is nice, there are some really, really athletic guys playing point in the NBA. Just can't imagine him even slowing down the D. Rose/CPs of the NBA.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i'm sure he will test the waters. Kemba, who is light years ahead of him, went after 3 years and a NC. But it will be interesting to see how he does this year. maybe i missed it, but i think Shabazz is pretty good and last i checked he was our starting PG. are there plans to move him to the 2?

Reaction Score
i'm sure he will test the waters. Kemba, who is light years ahead of him, went after 3 years and a NC. But it will be interesting to see how he does this year. maybe i missed it, but i think Shabazz is pretty good and last i checked he was our starting PG. are there plans to move him to the 2?

Yes, they announced it already...and at the same stage Kemba wasn't a better player.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Yes, they announced it already...and at the same stage Kemba wasn't a better player.
ah, ok. makes sense. well we certainly will see soon enough how he does. seeing as this is a "rebuilding" year, i'd rather not see anyone go after this season and hopefully have a great push for next season. But if he tears it up and he and JC think it's time to jump, then more power to him...

Reaction Score
I see potential but not readiness. Its not like he blew away the competition in the BE, although he had a disjointed season. I just don't know what he is thinking or who has his ear. His major distinction for his size is his hops. If he plays to his potential he can and will be electric. But NBA is a different world than high school or college.

A stated above to distinguish himself significantly he may have to think of himself first, because a 14 point, 5 assist average will probably not be enough to get drafted. Unfortunately for him he will not have the post season to showcase.

I may be wrong but it seems this NBA discussion is coming from his side and not the UConn coaches, scouts or NBA peeps. I hope he chills and plays his game and not to the NBA scouts. Furthermore with our current roster I don't think we have anyone to draw the scouts this season unless our opponents do. I guess I just am not sold on this subject after one season.

SouthTampaBill

20" Neck
Reaction Score
If mediocre Dion of Syracuse can be the 4th pick ANYTHING is possible.

He was a HUGE waste of a pick. I am surprised he was drafted at all. A one dimensional player at best

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
I think if he has a good season then he can get drafted in the 1st round. To me, he could become like an Aaron Brooks sort of player, which isn't bad. Plus, if it's out there that Boatright is ready to leave after this year, it could help spring another top PG/SG for 2013.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
In my most unbiased opinion, (yes, Kemba's like 2-3 inches taller) but comparing freshman campaigns (Kemba,did tear it up in the sweet16/elite8 game against purdue or mizzou) it's horrible I can't remember-I was at both games, but Boat had a stellar freshman season compared to Kemba's. Do they both have the same ceiling, probably not (Kemba (jr yr)had one of the best college seasons ever) and don't expect him to grow to those heights, but like a previous poster added if waiters can go 4, a good season by Boat will land him in the first round, his athleticism is on par with any player UConn has put out....past or present

Dyson, Ben, & Gay come to mind as past great athletes, anybody I'm missing possibly from 90s/80's? (Chris Smith?)

Reaction Score
In my most unbiased opinion, (yes, Kemba's like 2-3 inches taller) but comparing freshman campaigns (Kemba,did tear it up in the sweet16/elite8 game against purdue or mizzou) it's horrible I can't remember-I was at both games, but Boat had a stellar freshman season compared to Kemba's. Do they both have the same ceiling, probably not (Kemba (jr yr)had one of the best college seasons ever) and don't expect him to grow to those heights, but like a previous poster added if waiters can go 4, a good season by Boat will land him in the first round, his athleticism is on par with any player UConn has put out....past or present

Dyson, Ben, & Gay come to mind as past great athletes, anybody I'm missing possibly from 90s/80's? (Chris Smith?)

I thought any post that mentioned the words "great athlete" and didn't include Scott Burell were deleted? Mods?

Reaction Score
Boat will play overseas before he plays in the nba.He had great hs #'s but the big time Big East is a different game. I want to see better on and off ball defense from him as well as better decision making. The nba is a one on one league and his speed and quickness will be a plus, but can he score among the giants?

Reaction Score
Boat will play overseas before he plays in the nba.He had great hs #'s but the big time Big East is a different game. I want to see better on and off ball defense from him as well as better decision making. The nba is a one on one league and his speed and quickness will be a plus, but can he score among the giants?
I think that is a pretty good asessment of where he stands. He is a little small and that will hold him back, I think. He had some good games last year but he also had some that were at best so-so. I really htink he is a player who because of his limitations needs as many years as he can get in college. If he's listening to those clowns who previoulsy advised him, the good old family friends, I think he is probably considering leaving though.

Reaction Score
I think we'll have Boat for our 4th title in the 13-14 season. Would make 4 titles in 3 decades. Sounds bluebloodsy.

Reaction Score
Boatright's game reminds me of Aaron Brooks. Aaron is also an undersized PG who can score. Boatright could make it in the NBA due to his scoring ability. He needs to prove he can run a team effectively in the NBA and he can defend bigger PGs. He has a chance to make it into the league in a couple of years.

Reaction Score
As of right now he is a borderline case. I think size is absolutely an issue. I thnink there are questions about his ability to defend, especially when he gets up against a 6-5 point guard. And While he was only a freshman and had the NCAA issues which dogged him and likey hurt his development, he was an on-again off-again scorer. He needs to be much more consistent on that front and hopefully he will be this year.

Reaction Score
This season will be real telling with Boat. I am really looking for improvement in his decision making and less a runaway out of control high schooler. I give him a pass on last year with all turmoil. That being said, I will also be looking at chemistry. I am not sure where it broke down last year, but it wasn't there with the 1,2, and 3 positions. PG's are leaders and make the other players excell at their respective slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom