OT: - Sidd Finch in transfer portal | The Boneyard

OT: Sidd Finch in transfer portal

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Guy once made 300 consecutive 3's in practice. Can hedge out on guards and recover in the lane without fouling. He can screen and rock and screen and roll. He once took a quarter off the top of the backboard and left bitcoin. I can't find any film of him on Youtubes. He was at Harvard but left before the first practice. Last I heard he was dominating the Tibetan league. Finch and Clingan, a man can dream.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Guy once made 300 consecutive 3's in practice. Can hedge out on guards and recover in the lane without fouling. He can screen and rock and screen and roll. He once took a quarter off the top of the backboard and left bitcoin. I can't find any film of him on Youtubes. He was at Harvard but left before the first practice. Last I heard he was dominating the Tibetan league. Finch and Clingan, a man can dream.

Much like an 18 year old boy looking at his first Hustler, you blew your load a bit too soon. 9 days early.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Much like an 18 year old boy looking at his first Hustler, you blew your load a bit too soon. 9 days early.
And it wasn't even good. Should've included a special Timberland boot for one foot and noting his indecision on whether to play hoops or bassoon. Also would've been useful to call him Hayden Finch Jr. and not give away the gag in the header. Lots of older folk here who remember that Plimpton masterpiece.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I'm always down for a quality hoax but you mailed this one in.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Makes for a curious case that he did this. No foolin'

EDIT: Now that I've read the other complaints, I do want to offer that the Bitcoin on the backboard was worthy, and the disappointment lies in knowing you've got it in you to do better.

Ironically, "Past your bedtime?" could be the best Comment. . .just not as intended.

Last edited:

QDOG5

Reaction Score
Past your bedtime is hilarious (and true).
18 year old looking at first Hustler should have been 13 year old
Absolutely one of my poorer efforts and that list is long.
My apologies to all.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
My apologies to all.

Hey you've got 9 days to get this right

Reaction Score

Yi Jianlian, former Nets star, successfully defended a chair in practice. Could see if he is thinking about going back to school?

QDOG5

Reaction Score
Novelist Jonathan Dee, who was working as Plimpton's assistant at the time, described Plimpton at the time of the writing of the article as "a wreck". Dee wrote years later, "Nothing, he knew, falls quite so flat as a bad joke.
This alone is reason enough for me not to try it again. Hopefully someone more talented and sober(not that I ever blame my friend booze) can salvage this beast.
I will self anoint myself the March 23rd Fool (I posted at 11:22 CDT)

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
His father, Sidd Finch Sr., pitched for the Mets in the '80s:

Reaction Score
Novelist Jonathan Dee, who was working as Plimpton's assistant at the time, described Plimpton at the time of the writing of the article as "a wreck". Dee wrote years later, "Nothing, he knew, falls quite so flat as a bad joke.
This alone is reason enough for me not to try it again. Hopefully someone more talented and sober(not that I ever blame my friend booze) can salvage this beast.
I will self anoint myself the March 23rd Fool (I posted at 11:22 CDT)
31A7A16D-BFDC-48D5-BC11-99877632CE40.gif
200DBC6F-CEB7-4BBF-A940-18B9163EB765.png

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My apologies to all.
I Respect That The Four GIF by Diddy

Reaction Score
He was a pretty good pitcher back in the day. Did not realize he was a two sport athlete.

Reaction Score
And probably half of this board has no idea about this joke.

Generational humor line in the sand.
You have no idea. I'm a lifelong Mets fan. Keep in mind, at that point there was no internet. It was the nightly news and Sportscenter and publications like The Sporting News and Sports Illustrated for your information. That said? They sunk the Sidd Finch hook deep into my lip and I was bragging about it to all of my friends about it immediately.

I've never been hoodwinked like that before or after. But Plimpton sure did get me on that one.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You have no idea. I'm a lifelong Mets fan. Keep in mind, at that point there was no internet. It was the nightly news and Sportscenter and publications like The Sporting News and Sports Illustrated for your information. That said? They sunk the Sidd Finch hook deep into my lip and I was bragging about it to all of my friends about it immediately.

I've never been hoodwinked like that before or after. But Plimpton sure did get me on that one.

I was talking about not having any idea about seeing your first Hustler mag as a teen, but I guess as a Mets fan, you were too busy grieving over you team and waiting for the next Tom Terrific.

Reaction Score
I was talking about not having any idea about seeing your first Hustler mag as a teen, but I guess as a Mets fan, you were too busy grieving over you team and waiting for the next Tom Terrific.
Umm, Sidd Finch could throw 168 mph.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom