Sid Wilson now eligible... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson now eligible...

Reaction Score
Polley has been giving us great minutes so Sid won’t be thrown into the fire immediately, which helps his transition immensely. We’ve looked a lot like a tournament team and now we’re adding a top 50 recruit to the mix. Can’t wait for Zona @ XL. Go Dawgs
Top 100*

Reaction Score
I thought he was top 50 originally, but he reclassified so he was towards the back end of the new rankings he was in.
Was generally ranked top 60-75. Here's our roster breakdown:

Top 30 recruits:
Jalen, Alterique

60-150:
Sid, Yakwe, Diarra

150-250:
Polley, Carlton, Vital, B. Adams

250+:
Tarin, Cobb, Whaley

Had never played basketball before except on Instagram:
Kwintin

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see how he fits in now.

I know many have high hopes for sid, but not playing these first games is tough because he doesn’t have the time to mesh like everyone else. I would guess we won’t see valuable production until after winter break.
Sid has to make extraordinary efforts outside of basketball.

Reaction Score
Would love to see this lineup against elite competition

Gilbert
Adams
Smith
Wilson
Cobb

Unlike Vital and Polley....Wilson can create his own shot vs elite competition
What elite competition has Wilson created anything? There is a big difference between high school and college.

Reaction Score
How do we know this? I think some people need to dial back the immediate expectations with Wilson until we see some evidence. Remember, he also hasn't played in a real game in a year and a half (senior year of high school).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can’t see him playing the 4 at all. He’s barely 6’6” and is 180 soaking wet. Perfect college wing

Reaction Score
How do we know this? I think some people need to dial back the expectations with Wilson until we see some evidence. Remember, he also hasn't played in a real game in a year and a half (senior year of high school).

It's the same as the people who wanted to bench Vital for Tarin after 1 game. When we actually have depth and have good stuff happening (finally) people gotta start trouble suggesting people lose their starting spots. As if starting even matters anymore. I am hopeful Wilson will be a contributor and am intrigued to see how he fits in. To suggest right now he should start over Polley and Vital like cowboysnation did is...absurd.

Reaction Score
Fab 48, Adidas. Sid has played against top recruits and shown he can score

That was 2 years ago and aau. Let's see what he can do when they actually try to stop you from scoring.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Having Wilson join now may be a bit of a blessing. A lot of good has happened with Smith, Carlton, Polley, and both B and J Adams that might not have developed the same way. He will need to blend himself into the team concept to make his biggest impact.

Reaction Score
It's the same as the people who wanted to bench Vital for Tarin after 1 game. When we actually have depth and have good stuff happening (finally) people gotta start trouble suggesting people lose their starting spots. As if starting even matters anymore. I am hopeful Wilson will be a contributor and am intrigued to see how he fits in. To suggest right now he should start over Polley and Vital like cowboysnation did is...absurd.

Suggesting that a Top 50 recruit should start over two guys who weren’t even ranked in the top 150 doesn’t sound absurd to me. I like Vital and Polley. I just think Sid is on another level talent wise. I’m not saying that Sid is gonna come in and start on Day 1. Just saying eventually I would like to see that lineup.

Reaction Score
Can’t see him playing the 4 at all. He’s barely 6’6” and is 180 soaking wet. Perfect college wing
Well consdiring we were playing a 6'4 B. Adams and 6'2 Jalen at against Iowa it wouldn't surprise me. We will be playing small ball a lot this year as that is where our strengths exist. Remember Loyola-Chicago played that was last year and did very well with it. We have lots of depth to play it this year unlike last.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Tyler Olander started on a championship team. QED

Reaction Score

i think the majority of wilson's minutes are going to be at the 4 -- borges already tweeted that hurley sees wilson as a small-ball 4. as it stands now, we play almost exclusively three guards, sometimes four guards with carlton, cobb, or even polley.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Well consdiring we were playing a 6'4 B. Adams and 6'2 Jalen at against Iowa it wouldn't surprise me. We will be playing small ball a lot this year as that is where our strengths exist. Remember Loyola-Chicago played that was last year and did very well with it. We have lots of depth to play it this year unlike last.
2006 Villanova started a 4 guard lineup with guards about the same size as ours(maybe even smaller) and was one of the best teams in the country.

The game against Florida state is going to be interesting. I read somewhere that if Florida state was in the NBA they would have the biggest starting lineup in the league. Their center is 7’4 and their PF is 6’11. Guards are all 6’4+. Will be a test!

Reaction Score
It does sound nuts but our best players are small so we will be playing a lot of really small ball at times. Certainly not ideal but until we bring in some real big men you have to patch together what you think will work best.

Reaction Score

Gilbert
Adams
Smith
Wilson
Cobb

How do you know this as fact

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
1543101747688.gif

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

Gilbert
Adams
Smith
Wilson
Cobb

You are so right. I cannot believe how right you are. Right?

Reaction Score
He was saying how do you know Wilson can create his own shot against elite competition vs vital etc...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom