Sid Wilson hype building | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson hype building

Reaction Score
I was surprised to read this post. Even so, I am happy to have read it. I hope he can be a big contributor immediately.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
I’m expecting Sid to be a more athletic Larrier with a tighter handle but slightly worse from 3. If that’s the case, that’s a damn good player. I’m reserving too much hope until they toss the ball up though.
Tighter handle than Larrier?? My 2 year old son has a tighter handle than Terry does.

Reaction Score
Then you'd know they're not doing administrative work for the coaches. Walk-ons are players. Managers and grad assistants are not.

Well you may not know this but walk-ons have computers and read the boneyard. They also spend the vast majority of their time with the team & coaches. There is also this crazy thing called "conversation". Coaches and walk-ons talk. Small talk, shooting the , whatever it may be it happens! It can happen during a meal, it can happen while their lounging, heck it can even happen during a practice!

Reaction Score
Well you may not know this but walk-ons have computers and read the boneyard. They also spend the vast majority of their time with the team & coaches. There is also this crazy thing called "conversation". Coaches and walk-ons talk. Small talk, shooting the , whatever it may be it happens! It can happen during a meal, it can happen while their lounging, heck it can even happen during a practice!
I heard some of the walk-ons had smart phones. They can read the BY there.

Reaction Score
There are 2 players on the roster with possible game changing status based on their basketball lineage which usually comes through, Sid and AG, but Sid is like a ghost though supposedly hanging around the program in some form or other for years. No reports on his practice, progress or what he’s capable of. It’s easier to get real injury information from the Red Sox than find out about Sid. Until he gets his first rebound and points he’s a tree in the forest. Chief, is Sid real?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
There are 2 players on the roster with possible game changing status based on their basketball lineage which usually comes through, Sid and AG, but Sid is like a ghost though supposedly hanging around the program in some form or other for years. No reports on his practice, progress or what he’s capable of. It’s easier to get real injury information from the Red Sox than find out about Sid. Until he gets his first rebound and points he’s a tree in the forest. Chief, is Sid real?
Chief will answer this question after we have all seen Sid play a few times.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I saw Sid at First Night and his athleticism notably impressed me, though I don't know if he's real.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Did his shot fall..in the forest.
In shoot around, Wilson was at the far end, so I took no note. But Carlton, unguarded of course, shot better from the elbow/arc than I'd have imagined. I have no idea how he'd do against a chair however.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I am going to relay my completely unfounded, guesswork and opinions about this.
  • Dan Hurley arrives at UConn, where the team has stunk for two straight years, and can't defend or score on, chairs.
  • Dan discovers that the guys he has are not a cohesive team, don't understand the effort needed to practice, play and especially defend at this level.
  • Dan also discovers that his cupboard is far from bare. In fact he has some really talented players. Jalen obviously to all, but also a healthy AG and Sid, and several other pieces.
  • Dan decides to pull a little bit of a Bill Belichick move, and not really allow people to see what he's got. He talks about the "challenge" of "building", when he knows he has a better roster than he had last year at URI.
Season starts with the 2K classic, and game 3 is Syracuse at the Garden. Game 4, Oregon or Iowa. Winning the first two is expected. He can't hide these guys for long though. UConn will be undefeated going into our home game against Arizona. With some luck, also headed into our FSU game in NJ.

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
  • Dan Hurley arrives at UConn, where the team has stunk for two straight years, and can't defend or score on, chairs.
  • Dan discovers that the guys he has are not a cohesive team, don't understand the effort needed to practice, play and especially defend at this level.
  • Dan also discovers that his cupboard is far from bare. In fact he has some really talented players. Jalen obviously to all, but also a healthy AG and Sid, and several other pieces.
  • Dan decides to pull a little bit of a Bill Belichick move, and not really allow people to see what he's got. He talks about the "challenge" of "building", when he knows he has a better roster than he had last year at URI.
Season starts with the 2K classic, and game 3 is Syracuse at the Garden. Game 4, Oregon or Iowa. Winning the first two is expected. He can't hide these guys for long though. UConn will be undefeated going into our home game against Arizona. With some luck, also headed into our FSU game in NJ.
tenor.gif

Reaction Score
Don't say the first two games are expected wins. I can remember very recently when we lost the first two games of the season that should have been "expected wins."

Reaction Score
This is the point where I wake up from my dream, but let's hope it comes true.

Reaction Score
Yes.
I got two of them. Out of rescue of all places. My little guys had a rough time before we got them. Won’t go into it. Now they are spoiled rotten. Great little dogs, and funny too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom