Sid Wilson haters reveal yourselves | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson haters reveal yourselves

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He’s been better than the box score. Looks like he belongs. Has a good presence and had multiple blocks.
And some alters

Reaction Score
Sid looked fantastic tonight. Even his misses looked good. Last season, he was an exceptional athlete learning to play the game. Well, he is learning.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I prefer to start with not sucking and take it from there. The last 3 seasons have had that effect.
Totally get it, but I like that Hurley wants better than that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ppl forget he still has 2 yrs remaining. Sid as a senior could be phenomenal

Reaction Score
Nice to see him hit those mid-range jumpers. He had an impact.

Then he had a stretch in the second half where he almost singlehandedly killed our momentum and put SHU back in the game. And Hurley was upset he didn't hustle after a loose ball. Sid gives and Sid takes away.

If he was a hair smoother, a bit more under control, he would be so much more.

Reaction Score
I just think people are a little too excited about what guys can do against a team like SH. I'd expect dudes like Sid, and Brendan, and Akok to shine against these lesser type guys.

We'll have a good idea what we have after Florida.

Bear in mind, I'm glad guys performed well. Just don't know about drawing any meaningful conclusions. jmo
And yet the guys we expected to be good didn't look as good against SH. Don't think there's any denying they can be contributors

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
And yet the guys we expected to be good didn't look as good against SH. Don't think there's any denying they can be contributors

But that's normal. Better players often don't get as up against crap competition. Whereas lesser players are busting balls and over performing. Who knows what we have yet?

Reaction Score
He stands out on the floor in a game like this. He’s an NBA athlete, just hasn’t put it all together yet. My favorite play might have been when he came over from the weak side for an assertive block early on the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
Wilson still showed minimal touch at the rim. Hopefully it’s just him getting a the jitters out, because his mid range jumper was actually pretty smooth. Good game, hopefully a confidence builder for him. And most importantly he did the bulk of his damage when nobody else was stepping up. He also had 2 AST after averaging only 0.6 per 40 last year. Good showing for him.

Reaction Score
The kid got pulled because he didn't know our zone offense. Let's not get carried away. He is physically dominating an inferior team, as he should.

I am hesitantly optimistic. Stroke still looks bad, still can't dribble or pass, but if he can play tough at the rim as a 4, he'll make his scholly worth it.
? ? He shot extremely well and played tremendously on both offense and defense. Stop drinking the brown liquor and watch the game!

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I was a Sid hater last year, and although it's obvious he still LOVES to shoot and dunk, his game has improved. Can never dismiss his energy or hops either. He will bring solid energy off the bench all year long.

Reaction Score
? ? He shot extremely well and played tremendously on both offense and defense. Stop drinking the brown liquor and watch the game!

I was there. I watched the whole thing. You are wrong. He literally got pulled for not knowing the offensive sets. He didn't know one in the second half too but we were up by 15 or so so hurley didn't pull him.

He physically dominated a team he should physically dominate. Winning today didn't take any deminstration of increased skill.

He'll have the opportunity to show it next week. If he can be a high % shot guy near tue basket vs top 25 opponents, we might just be a tournament team.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I was there. I watched the whole thing. You are wrong. He literally got pulled for not knowing the offensive sets. He didn't know one in the second half too but we were up by 15 or so so hurley didn't pull him.

He physically dominated a team he should physically dominate. Winning today didn't take any deminstration of increased skill.

He'll have the opportunity to show it next week. If he can be a high % shot guy near tue basket vs top 25 opponents, we might just be a tournament team.

We got a strong case of Boneyard overreaction in this thread. Again, we don't know what we have in Sid, Adams, Whaley and crew until we see them against proper D1 competition.

Reaction Score
This is a team we would have obliterated back in the day. Wilson had an very good half against a badly overmatched opponent. Great. Let’s not get carried away. He is what he is. High major athlete Low major basketball player.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Sid wasn't very good last year. Commenting on that doesn't make me a hater. There is a tried and true saying that the best thing about freshman is that they become sophomores. I thought I saw incremental improvement out of most of the team last night. They look like a 20 win team. To get to the next level this year the rebounding has to improve dramatically.

Reaction Score
It's always nice when you show up every 6 months to tell us how much UConn basketball sucks.
I love how you can’t argue any facts so you just make $@&t up. You were probably one of the guys who thought we were saved when Sid transferred in. He turns out to be a bench guy on a pretty average team. Get over it

Reaction Score
Let's just hope he and the rest of players get consistent and better each game. This game was supposed to be easy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom