Sick and tired | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sick and tired

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The NBA blows because there are 3 or 4 relevant franchises. Everyone else is just there to play out a long boring schedule and I have no interest in who wins.

Reaction Score
I said it in the chatroom and I'll say it here:

This program and these players have become way too familiar and comfortable with losing. JC is rolling over in his coaching grave at the lack of toughness and basketball IQ (Adams and, formerly, Boat aside) that KO's teams have exhibited the last 3 seasons.

Reaction Score
They could have correctly called a foul at the other end on the make - and UConn may have been down one and never would have gotten that look.
I didn't see that foul, our shotblockers went straight up and any contact was initiated by the offensive player. Adams foul was as clear as day. He didn't come close to making the layup because the scrub raked right across his arm. There is a reason it's always supposed to be called when someone rakes your arm on a jump shot or layup, you can't make the shot.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
If Enoch doesn't front-rim the dunk we don't even go to OT.

H

huskymagic

The refs didn't cost us the game the ball was off Adams clearly from the replay. Adams played great, but he has to make that last second drive at the end of game, he's too talented to leave that to the refs or chance to bail him out. Christian Vital and Kevin Ollie cost us the game let's be brutally honest. Bad coaching and bad playing by some below average players cost us this game. HAMI is our only hope of salvaging this season. AAC has Temple, Cinci, and SMU who all 3 look like thye will make the NCAA tournament and possibly Houston on the bubble. We aren't winning the AAC tournament like this. Right now we have 2 mentally tough players: Adams and Brimah, That's it and that's a problem. We have a semi-shooter in Rodney, but not reliable and sometimes Jalen. No one else can be counted to make a 3 or open jumper more than 15 feet. For all those complaing about our big guys please stop as you are being foolish. Without Brimah's solid play and Facey rebounding this team would get blown out if we played strictly through the guards. Brimah and Facey are good solid big men at the D-1 level, not super but capable enough that they don't hurt you.

P.S. HAMIT COMMIT BRING HAMMER TIME BACK TO STORRS!

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
It amazes me how many here hate the NBA. College ball absolutely blows compared to the NBA.

The NBA hasn't been that good since the early 90s. The stars of the game now are insufferable characters and the style of play is like Easter Sunday and nobody wants to get their flowery dresses wrinkled.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I didn't see that foul, our shotblockers went straight up and any contact was initiated by the offensive player. Adams foul was as clear as day. He didn't come close to making the layup because the scrub raked right across his arm. There is a reason it's always supposed to be called when someone rakes your arm on a jump shot or layup, you can't make the shot.

Okey dokey - it's the refs fault. Chalk it up as a Nostical win. It doesn't much matter anyway.

Reaction Score
Sick and tired is going to be a way of life this season. I'm not sure about some of this talent, as they often look like they haven't played basketball at all, ever. The injuries have destroyed everything though and have made this a season to just get through, not enjoy.

Reaction Score
I have to save these names. They only come out when the program is in the media negatively or after a loss

Shouldn't be too hard to compile this season.

Team is terrible and Ollie's moves make me question his sanity at moments.

Save the names? Go ahead. They are heroes. I am glad some fans at least are heartbroken about what is happening to this GREAT program. This was a game they should have been won that they once again found a way to lose.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
(a) the guy at the start of this thread talking about reversing a call, I thought, was referring to the one where the Tulsa G clearly traveled and one ref called it, the other ref then reversed it, giving Purvis a foul. It led to a 1-1, which he missed, but it was still atrocious.

(b) Clearly Vital panicked and / or miscommunicated -- you're blaming Kevin Ollie for putting the ball in his hands for 2 dribbles and a simple entry pass to Adams? Seriously?

What I think is, the people saying that heard the commentator Wentzel say AFTER that mistake he thought KO shouldn't risk having anyone but Adams handle the ball on the last possession.

I didn't disagree with that, but I didn't think it was completely necessary. Sometimes you have to ask a guy to do a simple thing if he's in the game at the end.

Calling the play for CV to dribble twice and pass to JA is not a mistake on the coach because CV ends up urinating himself.

Reaction Score
The refs didn't cost us the game the ball was off Adams clearly from the replay. Adams played great, but he has to make that last second drive at the end of game, he's too talented to leave that to the refs or chance to bail him out. Christian Vital and Kevin Ollie cost us the game let's be brutally honest. Bad coaching and bad playing by some below average players cost us this game. HAMI is our only hope of salvaging this season. AAC has Temple, Cinci, and SMU who all 3 look like thye will make the NCAA tournament and possibly Houston on the bubble. We aren't winning the AAC tournament like this. Right now we have 2 mentally tough players: Adams and Brimah, That's it and that's a problem. We have a semi-shooter in Rodney, but not reliable and sometimes Jalen. No one else can be counted to make a 3 or open jumper more than 15 feet. For all those complaing about our big guys please stop as you are being foolish. Without Brimah's solid play and Facey rebounding this team would get blown out if we played strictly through the guards. Brimah and Facey are good solid big men at the D-1 level, not super but capable enough that they don't hurt you.

P.S. HAMIT COMMIT BRING HAMMER TIME BACK TO STORRS!
Holy cr@p he wasn't even close on the layup because he was raked across the arm. The rest of your post doesn't matter if you can't recognize that.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
(a) the guy at the start of this thread talking about reversing a call, I thought, was referring to the one where the Tulsa G clearly traveled and one ref called it, the other ref then reversed it, giving Purvis a foul. It led to a 1-1, which he missed, but it was still atrocious.

(b) Clearly Vital panicked and / or miscommunicated -- you're blaming Kevin Ollie for putting the ball in his hands for 2 dribbles and a simple entry pass to Adams? Seriously?

What I think is, the people saying that heard the commentator Wentzel say AFTER that mistake he thought KO shouldn't risk having anyone but Adams handle the ball on the last possession.

I didn't disagree with that, but I didn't think it was completely necessary. Sometimes you have to ask a guy to do a simple thing if he's in the game at the end.

Calling the play for CV to dribble twice and pass to JA is not a mistake on the coach because CV ends up urinating himself.

What are you talking about?

CV took the ball all the way up the court and then tried to pass it to Rodney and it was easily stolen.

That's on Ollie. Adams has the ball is his hands all game, all season and on two critical possessions he had CV a freshman and Rodney, quite possibly the lowest hoops IQ player we've ever had take the ball up court.

Reaction Score
The NBA hasn't been that good since the early 90s. The stars of the game now are insufferable characters and the style of play is like Easter Sunday and nobody wants to get their flowery dresses wrinkled.
Insufferable characters, who? It seems like an incredibly likeable young group of stars and my guess is they do more charitable work than athletes in other sports.

Reaction Score
If Enoch doesn't front-rim the dunk we don't even go to OT.
Oh no, why would you expect our 7 ft center to throw down an uncontested dunk?!

Moreover, why would I expect our division 1 basketball team to be able to run a fast break competently?!

Lastly, why would I expect any of the mental errors from the players and coaching staff that we've seen for years now to suddenly stop?!

Insanity is the doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. My HS basketball coach would say this on repeat to our team when we made the same blunders over and over. I am very, very curious as to what is happening in practice and what these coaches are communicating, if anything, to our players. Rant over.

Edit: I lied. Rant not over. How about our big getting 2-3 offensive fouls EVERY game for the same thing. Drives me crazy.

Reaction Score
The play of the game was the foul on the Tulsa player underneath Tulsa's basket after a Tulsa miss. Brimah fell down by himself. Tulsa player got the foul. 1 and 1 to Brimah. Misses the front end, they give up a 3 pointer down the other end.

If UConn runs clock there they take it under a minute.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
The play of the game was the foul on the Tulsa player underneath Tulsa's basket after a Tulsa miss. Brimah fell down by himself. Tulsa player got the foul. 1 and 1 to Brimah. Misses the front end, they give up a 3 pointer down the other end.

If UConn runs clock there they take it under a minute.

Spot on. Then Facey missed a 1-1 and 2 straight later on, I can't recall specifics but I think at least the 1-1 was in regulation.

We had multiple chances to ice the game by just doing simple, end of game close out stuff: FTs, no TOs, no easy 3s given up...rebounding...a clinic on how not to close a game.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
What are you talking about?

CV took the ball all the way up the court and then tried to pass it to Rodney and it was easily stolen.

That's on Ollie. Adams has the ball is his hands all game, all season and on two critical possessions he had CV a freshman and Rodney, quite possibly the lowest hoops IQ player we've ever had take the ball up court.
More than likely they were trying to give Jalen a breather.

H

huskymagic

How about Kevin Ollie take some responsibility and get mad during a press conference. We don't need anymore Ollieisms and nonsense apologists telling us everything is fine. I see a lack of confidence and toughness from all but 2 of our players. I see guards and wings other than Adams who don't know how to do 1 solid thing in the game. I see every game being a struggle to win despite the talent we have. These type of occurrences are becoming way too routine at UCONN and its not acceptable. Think about the teams that Tulsa has lost to and we just lost to them without Shaq Harrison and Woodard. The lack of discipline on many plays and especially during critical moments is a huge problem. At some point you have to take responsibility for this type of mess that we are showing on the court. The injuries are not an excuse for this loss. Relying on the ref to win nailbiter games against mediocre teams is where we are now. Jackson needs to slim down 10 pounds and jack up 100 shots a day to improve.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom