SI99 - Top 99 Prospects for the Class of 2021 | The Boneyard

SI99 - Top 99 Prospects for the Class of 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sports Illustrated just released their inaugural SI99, a ranking of the country's top basketball prospects from the class of 2021. All players listed in the SI99 are candidates for SI's end of season All-American team. All three in UConn's '21 recruiting class are ranked and expected to make immediate impacts next season.

43. Rahsool Diggins - SI All-American Candidate Rahsool Diggins Highlights and Evaluation
Bottom Line: Diggins is a talented, scoring point guard with the ability to run an offense and make people better. He’s a capable defender and uses his high basketball IQ to impact both ends of the floor. Expect him to make an early impact at Connecticut.

56. Jordan Hawkins - SI All-American Candidate Jordan Hawkins Highlights and Evaluation
Bottom Line: Hawkins is an aggressive scorer who plays with a lot of energy and has the ability to score efficiently at all three levels. He’ll need to add muscle, but his mentality is fearless and his skill set is advanced, a combination that will make his impact felt early at UConn.

73. Samson Johnson - SI All-American candidate Samson Johnson Highlights and Evaluation
Bottom Line: Johnson has the size, versatility and motor needed to ensure he’ll be an instant-impact player at Connecticut next season. As he adds muscle and strength, his stock will continue to ascend.

Reaction Score
Maybe just because I am completely biased and thinking more based on potential, but I have always thought Samson should be higher. Now that i’m typing it out i’m not sure, but regardless of the number I think all three of those guys will be so valuable at UConn. really exciting class. can’t wait to see who they add if and when Bouk ends up leaving

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
"Capable Defender". That is very much a need at the PG position.

My mostly uninformed opinion was that Johnson has some defensive talents, can block shots etc. Does anybody have any more informed sense of the defensive skills of Hawkins and Johnson? I feel like both fans and these recruiting sites over-emphasize offense, and often ignore defense.

Reaction Score

My mostly uninformed opinion was that Johnson has some defensive talents, can block shots etc. Does anybody have any more informed sense of the defensive skills of Hawkins and Johnson? I feel like both fans and these recruiting sites over-emphasize offense, and often ignore defense.

Besides defense, DH has mentioned a number of times he needs guys with swagger and toughness and he may have implied that's Diggins' forte. All our recruits so far seem like really nice kids but DH also wants some leadership and toughness to fight through tough games when things aren't going as planned.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Now I'm curious if every single blurb in the top 99 say the person will make an instant impact.
Thesaurus.com is a great site that I try to use often.

Reaction Score

I cannot stress enough that Diggins biggest weakness is defense. At least last season it was. Idk if it was mental, athleticism, too much offensive load or what. But it was bad.

Hawkins is the guard we can expect high level Defense from day 1. He's nasty on the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom