SI Women's Way-To-Early Top 10 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SI Women's Way-To-Early Top 10

Reaction Score
One thing the author of this piece got right is it's way too early to formulate a list of this nature. The rosters are not complete yet for some teams, specifically UCONN!!!! There are letters of intent yet to be signed during the REGULAR signing period April 17 - May 15, 2019. Since its all for fun right now, let's begin..

Right now, I'd rank Stanford above UConn. Tara's got a monster class of recruits coming in this summer. UConn's 2019 class is still yet to be determined. Louisville just got commitments from 3 transfers from Ga Tech and Cal today. Louisville 3 - UConn 0.

I think it's a foregone conclusion that ONO starts next season. The question we'll debate all summer is who will be the 5th starter? RIGHT NOW, I think it's a very strong possibility that Aubrey Griffin may start. Despite the fact that she is a freshman, who amung the reserves is more talented than she is? She may be forced to start as Christyn was this season, and learn as she goes. I could also make a case for Mikayla Coombs because of her defensive capabilities if nothing else.

I think it's fair to say that Geno and Jeff's recruiting standards and tactics are not quite the same. It's still early in the game. We'll see who Geno can get before the LOI deadline expires. Did you know...... that college coaches are not allowed to be present for the signing of a letter of intent?:eek:

New signing period rules for 2018-19 school year -

Starting in the 2018-19 school year, significant updates to the signing period rules are going to speed up the time line for seniors looking to sign with a school. In the past, there was an early signing period (usually in November) followed by a break over the holidays (dead period) before signing NLIs resumed in the spring during the regular signing period.

Starting this year, all athletes outside of football and men’s and women’s D1 basketball players can begin signing scholarships on November 14, 2018 and continue to sign anytime through August 1, 2019.
While much of the recruiting process happens long before November of your senior year, the fact that athletes will be ending their recruiting by signing NLIs earlier means recruiting in the lower divisions will likely speed up as well.

In the past, NCAA D2, D3 and NAIA schools would wait for D1 programs to complete their recruiting classes before ramping up their signings. Now that D1 schools will be completing their signings earlier, expect all other division levels to be busy over the holidays and early in 2019 instead of mid to late spring.
Two things I'd mention. Since the new signing rules don't involve BB there will probably be no effect there. And I believe the spring LOI period for BB is already open ended and kids can sign for 2019 anytime up until classes start in the fall. So if Auriemma finds someone in say July, he can still get them onboard for this school year.

Reaction Score
Two things I'd mention. Since the new signing rules don't involve BB there will probably be no effect there. And I believe the spring LOI period for BB is already open ended and kids can sign for 2019 anytime up until classes start in the fall. So if Auriemma finds someone in say July, he can still get them onboard for this school year.
I don't find that to be true according to this website. Spring signing period is April 17 through May 15 for division 1 BB.
NLI Signing Dates

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would put UCLA, Florida State and NC state in the top 10 before Miss St and Tenn. I don’t see either team being that good next year. Miss St maybe top 15 and Tenn top 25 at some point. I also doubt it’ll be 3 better teams in the SEC than SC despite the transfers. But to each is own I guess...

EDIT: Besides Evina Westbrook is transferring and that’ll be a big blow! Jordan Horston will be pressed into PG minutes early.
I don't think Tenn will better, but the other two will be better. S Car lost a lot with those transfers whom had a lot of experience.

Reaction Score
I don't think Tenn will better, but the other two will be better. S Car lost a lot with those transfers whom had a lot of experience.

SC lost experience but gained more talent. I also expect Henderson and Saxton to make big sophomore leaps which will help offset the players being lost. Yes freshman are freshman but I think they will come in and provide more scoring, rebounding and defense that was lost. Let’s not forget that Dawn could land an impact grad transfer or two.

I think A&M will be the team to beat but their game with SC is at SC and the same goes for Miss St, who loses their best defenders and rebounders. I just don’t see them being better than SC next year but everyone opinions vary.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Did y'all catch this one?
"Also keep an eye on Aubrey Griffin, one of the few recruits of note set to join the Huskies. "

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Did y'all catch this one?
"Also keep an eye on Aubrey Griffin, one of the few recruits of note set to join the Huskies. "

a polite way of saying the only recruit (so far). :oops:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom