SI: Which Coach Will Be on Hot Seat Midseason - Randy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SI: Which Coach Will Be on Hot Seat Midseason - Randy

Reaction Score
One small point. There were a helluva lot of people calling for a bigtime hockey program. You simply chose not to hear them. CT residents today produce more NHL hockey players than you would believe. Probably more than CT residents make it to the NBA. I have a pic of a "kid" that I coached in LL standing next to the Stanley Cup at the Bolton Ice Palace that he won with Pittsburgh. UConn will win an NCAA hockey championship before it wins another in MBB.

Reaction Score
I was a fan going back to D3 days and had tickets for several seasons during the MAAC/AHA years. But I have to say that outside a pretty small group I never heard of a big push. Just the opposite really

Reaction Score
One small point. There were a helluva lot of people calling for a bigtime hockey program. You simply chose not to hear them. CT residents today produce more NHL hockey players than you would believe. Probably more than CT residents make it to the NBA. I have a pic of a "kid" that I coached in LL standing next to the Stanley Cup at the Bolton Ice Palace that he won with Pittsburgh. UConn will win an NCAA hockey championship before it wins another in MBB.

I hope we win a hockey title soon because basketball will be contending in 1 year. Will hockey be contending in a year?

Reaction Score
I hope we win a hockey title soon because basketball will be contending in 1 year. Will hockey be contending in a year?
Love your optimism. Good luck with that.

Reaction Score

I'd love to see the men's hockey team win the championship. My dream is this: National championships in Football, MBB, WBB, hockey, and baseball the same year...

Reaction Score
This thread is nothing but bulletin board material. How many more negative things can folks come up with? Looking fwd to how this team starts shutting naysayers up

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not really sure what you guys above are seeing, but our BB roster is loading up nicely. If I had to bet on a natty, I’d pick basketball over hockey.

I love Cole, Gaffney, Bouknight and Adams as my 4 guards in a 3 guard system. Hurley is the real deal and putting a good team together in basketball doesn’t take long at all. Hockey has all kinds of potential but saying they are closer to a national title is silly.

Reaction Score
Not really sure what you guys above are seeing, but our BB roster is loading up nicely. If I had to bet on a natty, I’d pick basketball over hockey.

I love Cole, Gaffney, Bouknight and Adams as my 4 guards in a 3 guard system. Hurley is the real deal and putting a good team together in basketball doesn’t take long at all. Hockey has all kinds of potential but saying they are closer to a national title is silly.
MBB is nowhere near national caliber yet. Keep one thing in mind. Puck beats bouncy ball every time when they are in serious college competition. It is just a much faster, rougher game played by people who are not freaks of nature. More exciting.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
MBB is nowhere near national caliber yet. Keep one thing in mind. Puck beats bouncy ball every time when they are in serious college competition. It is just a much faster, rougher game played by people who are not freaks of nature. More exciting.

I think you chose the wrong university to root for.

Reaction Score

MBB is making huge gains in talent under Hurley. We are getting highly rated players that by many accounts, are underrated. These kids can play. We’ll be back in a year or two tops. I expect that to be very obvious this season.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
College hockey is exciting. Now I’ve heard everything.

Reaction Score
MBB is making huge gains in talent under Hurley. We are getting highly rated players that by many accounts, are underrated. These kids can play. We’ll be back in a year or two tops. I expect that to be very obvious this season.
You are a hoop hound. We get it.

Reaction Score
At the end of the day Randy has a least one more year if not more after this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom