SI Top 20 Wings for 2014-2015 | The Boneyard

SI Top 20 Wings for 2014-2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2014/09/01/branden-dawson-wayne-selden-20-best-wing-men-2014-15
15 returning players plus 5 freshmen. See Hamilton under Best Freshmen.

Daniel Hamilton
UConn
Height: 6-6
Weight: 175

How will UConn replace draft picks and key NCAA tournament contributors Shabazz Napier and DeAndre Daniels? Point guard Ryan Boatright is back and N.C. State transfer Rodney Purvis is eligible, but Hamilton will be a big part of the solution. The Los Angeles, Calif., native averaged 20.5 points, 9.0 rebounds, 5.2 assists and 1.3 steals as a senior at St. John Bosco (Calif.) High and should carve out a prominent role in the Huskies' rotation as early as this season. A gifted athlete who can stroke perimeter jump shots and excels at attacking the rim, Hamilton can give UConn another scoring threat for opposing teams to worry about.

Reaction Score
some strange choices on that list, quite a few guys I don't really classify as "wings"

Reaction Score
I think he'll be special, especially if he stays here 2 years. Could be like a Rudy Gay, but more assertive, and hopefully with more postseason success.

Side note: I've seen him listed at 6'8. If he's really more like 6'6 175 as noted by SI, it's going to be hard for him to play credible minutes -- even 3-5 a game -- at the 4 (which some have suggested).

Reaction Score
some strange choices on that list, quite a few guys I don't really classify as "wings"

Agreed. Listing Brandon Ashley as a wing immediately diminishes credibility for the author. Pinkston and Nash played exclusively the 4 for their teams as well but at least they can slash a little bit. MSU apparently want to give Dawson time at the 3, and I have at least seen him listed as a 3 before, but PF is easily his best position.

I think he'll be special, especially if he stays here 2 years. Could be like a Rudy Gay, but more assertive, and hopefully with more postseason success.

Side note: I've seen him listed at 6'8. If he's really more like 6'6 175 as noted by SI, it's going to be hard for him to play credible minutes -- even 3-5 a game -- at the 4 (which some have suggested).

I think it depends if you are listing him w/ or w/out afro.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score

He's in one of my classes and he's definitely taller than 6'6. SC Jr is in it too and Hamilton looks like he could be a foot taller than him. Kids a tree.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Dude has some looooong arms though.

Was pleasantly surprised at the number of assists in high school. According to ducking Goodman, he's a gunner through and through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom