SI Preseason Frontcourts- UCONN 4th | The Boneyard

SI Preseason Frontcourts- UCONN 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ohio State, Kentucky, North Carolina ranked ahead of us preseason.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
if any are ahead of us is unc and maybe osu... but i could careless about preseason rankings,

Reaction Score
If Drummond lives up to the hype as a young Amare or Dwight, Uconn will easily have the best front court. Those guys were putting up double doubles as rookies in the NBA so if Drummond is really in that class, he will be scary in college.

Reaction Score
If Drummond lives up to the hype as a young Amare or Dwight, Uconn will easily have the best front court. Those guys were putting up double doubles as rookies in the NBA so if Drummond is really in that class, he will be scary in college.
you're going to have to wait a while..........probably eoy before he'll do it against top flight competitio n

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
314017_178601485553012_120090728070755_398222_420075731_n.jpg

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
Rankings mean nothing until who is #1 in the end. Let the haters/doubters doubt/hate

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I would put our front court against anyone in the country.

Reaction Score
The rankings are understandable when you look at both sides of the ball. All 3 ahead of UConn have a go-to scorer type. UConn should have one or two go-to guys down low on offense this year but will have to prove it.
Either way I feel like UConn would shut down all of those three. Just wish we had an early test.

Reaction Score
Ranking obviously don't mean anything... uconn was unranked last season and won a title..

Reaction Score
I think UNC has the best frontcourt in the nation, but they can't touch Lamb/Napier with their guard play.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind SI also didnt even have Uconn in the tournament last year

Reaction Score
Yea, UNC's front court has to be regarded as the best right now. Who knows how it will turn out down the road. Their back court isn't too shabby either. I really like Marshall and think he is by far their most important player. Bullock and Hairston were regarded in HS as two of the best shooters in their class so if they can meet those expectations and stay healthy, they will have an unbelievably balanced and well put together team.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
Yea, UNC's front court has to be regarded as the best right now. Who knows how it will turn out down the road. Their back court isn't too shabby either. I really like Marshall and think he is by far their most important player. Bullock and Hairston were regarded in HS as two of the best shooters in their class so if they can meet those expectations and stay healthy, they will have an unbelievably balanced and well put together team.

I'm going to have to agree with this post...they have 5-7 future NBA players on their team right now.

Reaction Score
Jesus, people on here have no sense of objectivity.

UConn's frontcourt has the potential to be the best, but there's no way you can rank them ahead of UNC right now, at least before seeing how Drummond adjusts. And ranking Ohio State (Sullinger was the best big man in the country as a frosh) and Kentucky (Jones>Oriakhi based on stats, Davis=Drummond) ahead of UConn is justifiable as well.

There's a chance UConn's frontcourt ends up being higher than 4 (and maybe even #1), but it's not an unreasonable rankings preseason.

Reaction Score
UConn's frontcourt definitely isn't as offensively skilled as UNC's and probably not as skilled as UK's and OSU's, but it's the most physical frontcourt in the country. In my mind, that's the most important characteristic a frontcourt should possess. UConn's got plenty of firepower from the wing, so I want to see the 4 and 5 dominate the boards and I think AO and AD will do so like no other tandem in the country.

Reaction Score
UCONN will have the best front court by end of the season. That's all it matters.
Correct, they do not have the best frontcourt right now. AD (or DD and MB) haven't played a college game yet.

Reaction Score
Hmmm seems like we're severely underrated heading into the season....AGAIN this year. Whoops!

Reaction Score
Correct, they do not have the best frontcourt right now. AD (or DD and MB) haven't played a college game yet.
Neither has the entire UK frontcourt neither has that guy on UNC.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Are they seriously suggesting that Jared Sullinger and David Lighty combined are better than AO, AD, RS, and DD combined?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Jesus, people on here have no sense of objectivity.

UConn's frontcourt has the potential to be the best, but there's no way you can rank them ahead of UNC right now, at least before seeing how Drummond adjusts. And ranking Ohio State (Sullinger was the best big man in the country as a frosh) and Kentucky (Jones>Oriakhi based on stats, Davis=Drummond) ahead of UConn is justifiable as well.

There's a chance UConn's frontcourt ends up being higher than 4 (and maybe even #1), but it's not an unreasonable rankings preseason.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul