SI.com ranks UConn 19th, 5 seed in NCAA Tournament | The Boneyard

SI.com ranks UConn 19th, 5 seed in NCAA Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Based on statistical models. Says UConn's offense will be the 35th best and the defense 9th best. Luke Winn loves his statistics.

http://www.si.com/college-basketbal...ketball-ranked-north-carolina-kentucky-kansas

I got a good chuckle at this:

SI forecasts that Rutgers (288) will be the worst team from a BCS conference by a huge margin: The Scarlet Knights are the only BCS-conference team outside our top 200, and we project them to go 1-17 in the Big Ten. Rutgers' projections are so bleak that we would still have them finishing last if they were in the CAA

Last edited:

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I'd laugh if it wasn't so truthy.
Seriously though, I really hope we win the B4A because if not we won't play too many good teams and we have some awful out-of-conference-low-RPI murder games to weigh us down.

I'm 100% confident we make the tournament, but I'd prefer a solid seed even though we've won it all without that just two seasons ago.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Seriously though, I really hope we win the B4A because if not we won't play too many good teams and we have some awful out-of-conference-low-RPI murder games to weigh us down.
Texas UMD Gtown Ohio state SMU x2 Cinci x2 tulsa x2 should be at least 10 more top 50 opportunities.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Texas UMD Gtown Ohio state SMU x2 Cinci x2 tulsa x2 should be at least 10 more top 50 opportunities.
UMD is a tough win, Georgetown is gonna be good, Texas/OSU won't be top 50 in all likelihood come March. I meant out of conference, but our conference will be tougher this year so good point there.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
UMD is a tough win, Georgetown is gonna be good, Texas/OSU won't be top 50 in all likelihood come March. I meant out of conference, but our conference will be tougher this year so good point there.
Every reason to believe Texas will be top 50 with Shaka at the helm. OSU I assumed on historical merit.

Reaction Score
Every reason to believe Texas will be top 50 with Shaka at the helm. OSU I assumed on historical merit.
I hope so for RPI reasons, but I'm not sold on Texas this year. Shaka is a system coach and Texas doesn't have the personnel to play his style yet. IMO it's going to take a couple years for him to bring in the right guys.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I hope so for RPI reasons, but I'm not sold on Texas this year. Shaka is a system coach and Texas doesn't have the personnel to play his style yet. IMO it's going to take a couple years for him to bring in the right guys.
JC was a system coach too until he could start recruiting the best front court in college basketball. If I have to bet the farm on Shaka's ability to adjust to his personnel or not, I'm putting my chips on yes. We'll see.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I would not be surprised to see us ranked in the 10-15 range by the end of the year and see us as a 3 seed. Lots of potential for this team and I'm as excited as I've ever been for a season (except seasons where we were preseason top 5 and expected to vie for a NC)...

Reaction Score
Seems like we should be a 4 seed based on that info, but there's not much difference between a 4 and 5 anyway.

What info are you referring to? It would be strange for them to put a team outside of their top 16 in the top 4 seeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom