Shout out to Rashamel Jones | The Boneyard

Shout out to Rashamel Jones

Reaction Score
Read this morning that he is on Calhoun's staff at St. Joe. Good to see Calhoun raising people up, making things happen for his former players. Rash was always solid and is a Connecticut native if I remember right.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Read this morning that he is on Calhoun's staff at St. Joe. Good to see Calhoun raising people up, making things happen for his former players. Rash was always solid and is a Connecticut native if I remember right.
He was originally from NY, but went to Trinity Catholic (before it became the shitshow it currently is)

Reaction Score
Rash is from righr across the border in Port Chester and went to Trinity Catholic in Stamford.

Reaction Score
I think his recruitment came down to us and UMass (when Calipari was there). I was checking a recruiting hotline like every hour to see if he committed. Was thrilled when chose the good guys!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I think his recruitment came down to us and UMass (when Calipari was there). I was checking a recruiting hotline like every hour to see if he committed. Was thrilled when chose the good guys!

Some things never change.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Great character and toughness. Ultimate team player. Should be great working with college players.

Reaction Score
Loved Rash. Loved JC. But it got to the point that whenever Rash missed a shot he got the JC insta-hook and seemed to be on the bench before the rebound occurred. He became a head case who was afraid to shoot. Sophomore year: one 3PA per 7 minutes played. Senior: 1 per 36 minutes played.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Great character and toughness. Ultimate team player. Should be great working with college players.
Loved Rash. Loved JC. But it got to the point that whenever Rash missed a shot he got the JC insta-hook and seemed to be on the bench before the rebound occurred. He became a head case who was afraid to shoot. Sophomore year: one 3PA per 7 minutes played. Senior: 1 per 36 minutes played.

IIRC the story goes that JC sat Rash and Ricky down separately after Khalid committed and JC told them each that there was a new lead guard on the team and only one of Rash and Ricky would be starting, and only as the second guard and primary defender. Ricky said something to the effect of "Too bad for Rash, but I'm starting," and the rest, as they say, is history.

I used to sing "Rashamel Jonessssss" to this

Me too. I still have the 45 of the original record. Side B is "Sister Mary Elephant."

Reaction Score
BUILDING THE UCONN MEN
There is a trait shared by all highly prized recruits: They can look into the eye of a coach and know exactly what he's peddling. So it was for Jones, the Connecticut high school player of the year in 1995. "My last schools were UMass and UConn," Jones said. "It was a very close decision. There was something about [then-UMass coach John] Calipari that I just wasn't feeling. You know? When he talked to me it was like . . . I'll just say I've got a good ear about picking up whether people are really being honest with me, being sincere about what they're telling me."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom