Shout Out to Nika | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Shout Out to Nika

Reaction Score
I took a quick look back at the Is Nika the X-Factor? thread and didn't notice your post in that, in any case wasn't really referring to your posts, more a chain of harsh posts in that thread by mostly one poster. Yes, you did give her kudos.

I didn't go into that thread. To further this-- I just want to add that Nika looked so good that we can see the possibility next time to make a quicker move to having Evina and Paige as wings. A passer to feed our most efficient scorers is a nice possibility to continue to explore.

Not saying she is 100% lock - but as of now - it's Time to bump up some add'l minutes for Nika!! :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Did it appear to anyone else that she might have tweaked her foot with around a minute left in today's game? It appeared to me she was running gingerly the last minute but I don't trust my eyes

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Geno in his presser saying Nika getting more comfortable in practice and in games. She is learning what she can do and what she cannot do. "We need what she brings. Energy, toughness, grit. Not too many kids have it on this team and she has more than enough"

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It was funny in the 2002 "Perfect Season" Video, they talked about how they were merciless and reeled when they made the opponents cry.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nika is learning how to defend in America without fouling. She's becoming an important player for us. When Paige plays off the ball, she can stretch the defense.

Nika was 2-2 on FTs today. Everyone else should have done as well.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Did it appear to anyone else that she might have tweaked her foot with around a minute left in today's game? It appeared to me she was running gingerly the last minute but I don't trust my eyes
I noticed it earlier than that; at times she seemed to be favoring one leg, but not all the time. I hope it's not real.

Reaction Score
Nothing like seeing 3 point guards on the floor at one time Paige, Nike Evina...makes for beautiful and smart offense. The passing is why I love UCONN hoop. It will keep getting better. I look forward to SC

Reaction Score
I love Nika! I predict she will get better every game as her confidence increases......plays with passion!

Reaction Score
She got knocked over after her dime to Paige for a three and appeared to have landed on her hip.

Reaction Score
I didn't go into that thread. To further this-- I just want to add that Nika looked so good that we can see the possibility next time to make a quicker move to having Evina and Paige as wings. A passer to feed our most efficient scorers is a nice possibility to continue to explore.

Not saying she is 100% lock - but as of now - it's Time to bump up some add'l minutes for Nika!!
I definitely liked the offensive sets being run by Nika with Paige and Evina at the wings and CW at the 4. If Nika gets more accuracy and confidence with her 3s from the top of the key or at the sides it can make a huge difference. She is a tough player who knows how to make plays. It will be fun watching her grow but remember that there will be fits and starts. You have to make the mistakes first in order to learn from them. The key is her playing time. She is obviously performing well in practice and she cares a bunch. You don't have the kind of reaction she had on the bench a few games ago unless you are emotionally invested as well. 100% Nika.

Reaction Score
Yeah, we only beat a top 20 team by 32. Way too nice.
Nika is a work in progress, but the progress is coming along very nicely. I like what I am seeing. Let's not forget, she's only a freshman. Lots of time to bloom into that really, really good player. She could be the "lock-down" at some point in the future. Better sooner, rather than later :)

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Nika is a work in progress, but the progress is coming along very nicely. I like what I am seeing. Let's not forget, she's only a freshman. Lots of time to bloom into that really, really good player. She could be the "lock-down" at some point in the future. Better sooner, rather than later :)
She’s fine. Imagine having a teammate in your class who might be one of the best players ever. Not fair to expect her to be different from most freshmen. Nika is having what looks like a normal progression, especially given her injury and a messed up schedule.

Reaction Score
Her shooting form looks a little better too. If she can be a decent 3 pt shooter (35%), I’d be content. Her ability to finish around the rim is still not great when there’s anyone in the lane but I see progress for sure.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nika is probably the 2nd best passer on the team behind Paige. She is also very aggressive. She just needs more PT.
I don't know if Nika is a better passer than Anna or Evina, but all 3 of them are good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom