Should Whaley be getting more of Cobb's minutes? | The Boneyard

Should Whaley be getting more of Cobb's minutes?

Reaction Score
Whaley is much more active especially on defense. He doesn't do much on offense. But lately Cobb hasn't done much on offense either and his defense is non-existent. And as Hurley has said, Whaley is almost always in the right place.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Yes. Many are taken with Cobb’s potential contributions on offense, which he hasn’t demonstrated lately. But Whaley is much better defensively, and alters more shots with his length. And yes, he’s much more active and in the right places. Offensively they could look for him on lobs, but don’t. Last year he also showed a reasonable. 10 -12 footer on occasion. JMO.

pj

Reaction Score
Yes. Other things being equal, develop the young guy. Whaley has potential to be a significant contributor as he strengthens and develops. Moreover, against opponents who don't bully us, Whaley's length would be a great complement to Sid's blocking ability.

Reaction Score
I've noticed a huge difference in the frontcourt dynamic since the UCF game. Knowing that his playing time is going to go up with Yakwe out, Carlton has played more confidently and in that small sample size Carlton is averaging 9p, 8r, 1b in 32 mpg.

In those two games, Cobb and Whaley have played a combined 19 minutes, so there hasn't been much of a difference between their playing time, but if Carlton needs someone to play his spot due to fouls or injury, I'd prefer Whaley.

After a hot start, Cobb hasn't been that good and he isn't part of the future, so Carlton should get as much run as he can and Whaley is the first frontcourt guy to backup at the 5.

Reaction Score
I've noticed a huge difference in the frontcourt dynamic since the UCF game. Knowing that his playing time is going to go up with Yakwe out, Carlton has played more confidently and in that small sample size Carlton is averaging 9p, 8r, 1b in 32 mpg.

In those two games, Cobb and Whaley have played a combined 19 minutes, so there hasn't been much of a difference between their playing time, but if Carlton needs someone to play his spot due to fouls or injury, I'd prefer Whaley.

After a hot start, Cobb hasn't been that good and he isn't part of the future, so Carlton should get as much run as he can and Whaley is the first frontcourt guy to backup at the 5.

Good point on his thought process potentially from the Yakwe loss, interesting. Maybe not looking over his shoulder as much and he's all in.

Reaction Score
Whaley is much more active especially on defense. He doesn't do much on offense. But lately Cobb hasn't done much on offense either and his defense is non-existent. And as Hurley has said, Whaley is almost always in the right place.
NO

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It really doesn't matter. Pick one, when their play warrants it, play someone else.

The problem remains too many unforced errors individuallyand collectively. I feel it is the singular reason for the record to date.

To wit, when three players ran at a shooter left wide open behind the arc only have him dump down for a wide open dunk.

They don't trust each other to do their jobs and not without reason.

Reaction Score
When Isaiah W plays more we will start to win consistantly.
His defense inside and rebounding are just what we need. He was playing great in the game where he got hurt. I'm sure if he got the ball on a roll good things would happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom