Should we scale back the hurry up offense? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Should we scale back the hurry up offense?

Reaction Score
One thing I don't like about the offense is the hand-clap trigger. HC linebackers were able to time the snap pretty easily and disrupt plays. Shireffs fake-clapped a couple of times to throw off their timing, but it wasn't very effective.

Reaction Score
One thing I don't like about the offense is the hand-clap trigger. HC linebackers were able to time the snap pretty easily and disrupt plays. Shireffs fake-clapped a couple of times to throw off their timing, but it wasn't very effective.
Not a fan but I think they are trying to eliminate basic killers like false starts on forgotten counts, mistaking audibles for counts, and hard count problems, etc..Fits with a hurry up, no-huddle offense in its nascent stages.

Reaction Score
The TV color guy noted that the HC D looked pretty gassed a couple times. Never understood why it is harder on the D than the O though.

Reaction Score
The TV color guy noted that the HC D looked pretty gassed a couple times. Never understood why it is harder on the D than the O though.
Because the offense knows the plays, they can perform more efficiently. The WR knows the route he is running so he travels the most efficient route. The O lineman knows exactly who and where he is blocking, so he picks the most efficient angle, the D lineman doesn't. It just takes more energy to pay defense.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom