Should we retire Clingan's number? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Should we retire Clingan's number?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If any player from the last two seasons gets his jersey retired it should be newton, he holds the school triple double record, he was the national title game player of the game, player of the year candidate for this season, if they win a National Title this year I don't think it's a question that his number would end up getting retired assuming he has a good NBA career

Reaction Score
This talk of retiring numbers has become very annoying of late, it’s an akin to the GOAT conversation. The obsession about it is for dorks, just my opinion.

Reaction Score
This talk of retiring numbers has become very annoying of late, it’s an akin to the GOAT conversation. The obsession about it is for dorks, just my opinion.
Which is why I'm pretty sure the OP was in jest.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Everyone with more Championships than Boeheim should have their number retired.
The guy is a legend.
We wouldn't have any numbers left for current players.

Reaction Score
He's more than just a tremendously impactful basketball player, he has become the face of the program and the state. It hard to even think about the Huskies without seeing the seven foot, three inch, unicorn from Bristol. His impact on the team, the university and the state has been huge. I think it is an honor well deserved.
I think the more appropriate question is what do we do with #2 if we get #6 and he gets MoP #1 in the Final 4.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I think the more appropriate question is what do we do with #2 if we get #6 and he gets MoP #1 in the Final 4.
There is the Huskies of Honor. We can put his number on the wall the same as we did for Shabazz (as a surprise, while returning with the trophy).

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
He's more than just a tremendously impactful basketball player, he has become the face of the program and the state. It hard to even think about the Huskies without seeing the seven foot, three inch, unicorn from Bristol. His impact on the team, the university and the state has been huge. I think it is an honor well deserved.
Bet on it
;)

Reaction Score
In the BE Championship Chat, a person dubbed @SLY63 wrote that Donavan lack the skills of a 6th grade CYO player.

Yep, I saw it.
@Dove please recheck the Chat. It wasn't me. I don't want to get death threats.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Donovan Clingan and Patrick Ewing...

Only 2 BE players to get 20 points and 15 rebounds in a BE Tourney Championship game.

Reaction Score

in case you missed my post of a couple of weeks ago

Frankly I really don’t pay much attention to numbers
The only one I remember is Cliff 00
But this is the wall of honor
3 Caron Butler / Walt Dropo. + Joey C wore it last year
13 Shabaz Napier / Worthy Patterson/ Chris Smith
15. Kemba Walker
22 Rudy Gay/Vin Yokabaskas
24 Scott Burrill. Jorden Hawkins wore it last year
25 Art Quimby
32 Richard Hamilton - Donavan Clingan will be the last to wear it .
34 Ray Allen
42 Khalid El Amin/Tony Hanson / Toby Kimball /Donyell Marshall
44 Wes Bialosuknia. /Andre Jackson last year
50 Emeka Okafor
52 Corny Thompson

13 is kind of a special number
Worthy the guy who established UConn basketball
Chris the guy that help bring us into th3 Big Time
Shabazz a guy who came along when UConn was written off

Reaction Score
Love Clingan……but he drives me nuts though at times, he goes too far underneath the basket and gets underneath the backboard, jams himself up in there not being able to convert basket. Needs to get placement near the rim more consistently. Still leaves his feat too often when contesting a player’s pump fake or shot which makes him prone to fouls. Regardless, great game overall.

Reaction Score
I don't care about retiring numbers but Donovan is HUGELY important to the program right now. He is a local kid from a local public high school who chose the state flagship and winning championships at Madison Square Garden. This is why kids want to play at UConn. I don't see why any top prospect would want to play anywhere else in the Northeast outside of the Big East Conference when they can have so many of their games so close to home. Congrats DC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom