Should we look WEST for a QB??? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Should we look WEST for a QB???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think the coaches need to settle on one kid now out of the three, no more rotating them all....build on one, create plays to make him successful and build for future. I do think Casey Cochran and the next year hopefully Boeing Brown will be great UCONN QB's challenging and working together. Cochran has the passing and mechanics, Brown brings size, speed, and mobility as well. Between those two we will have great seasons. Cochran will come in January, Brown could follow or be a red shirt then a year later. As for now, we cannot just bail on what we have, they are our dates for the dance, lets just teach them to dance like we want them to do! Cochran and Brown are nationally recognized recruits, they will protect this house and are as good or better then going West!

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Meh, for every Matt Barkley coming from out West, there are Dayne Crist and Jimmy Clausen's. If I am looking for a gunslinger that is also going to have amazing mental toughness, I'd look to Texas. So many kids that throw for tons of yards out west end up like Tate Forcier.

Reaction Score
There was a 60 Minutes episode last year that dealt with the love for football on the island of Samoa. P should send Deleonne out there immediately to recruit a QB and let Joe Moorehead run his easier to learn offense until he gets back.

Reaction Score
im not against it, i'm just saying to that poster, they are not an equivalent choice.

Reaction Score
Meh, for every Matt Barkley coming from out West, there are Dayne Crist and Jimmy Clausen's. If I am looking for a gunslinger that is also going to have amazing mental toughness, I'd look to Texas. So many kids that throw for tons of yards out west end up like Tate Forcier.

Um, I'll take Jimmy Clausen...

Crazy thread by the way. Doesn't matter where you get the player from, as long as you get a player...

Reaction Score
Ok I think it is safe to say that outside of Danny O...Edsall/Ambrose screwed the proverbial pooch when it came to recruiting qb's. He has inherited one of the better young qb's in the country in O'Brien at MD but we all know he can't recruit qb's! McCummings and Nebrich are Moorehead's guys (Nebrich especially). Cochran is a proto-typical pro-set qb with VERY clean mechanics and foot work, he is DeLeone's guy. McCummings gives us a true qb to run a wildcat type option package, not a rb or wr masquerading as a qb. This can give us the option to throw like he did against Fordham. I would like to see Nebrich more that's for sure. If Cochrane can come in early like Nebrich did and get a head start on strength training and learning the offense...this will quickly become a 2 horse race next season. Until then I think Coach P is playing the cards he has been dealt by the man he replaced...the man who screwed the pooch when it came to recruiting qb's!

Reaction Score
Ok I think it is safe to say that outside of Danny O...Edsall/Ambrose screwed the proverbial pooch when it came to recruiting qb's. He has inherited one of the better young qb's in the country in O'Brien at MD but we all know he can't recruit qb's! McCummings and Nebrich are Moorehead's guys (Nebrich especially). Cochran is a proto-typical pro-set qb with VERY clean mechanics and foot work, he is DeLeone's guy. McCummings gives us a true qb to run a wildcat type option package, not a rb or wr masquerading as a qb. This can give us the option to throw like he did against Fordham. I would like to see Nebrich more that's for sure. If Cochrane can come in early like Nebrich did and get a head start on strength training and learning the offense...this will quickly become a 2 horse race next season. Until then I think Coach P is playing the cards he has been dealt by the man he replaced...the man who screwed the pooch when it came to recruiting qb's!

I think pretty accurate, except that I'm not going to criticize RE on the QB recruiting. Was it good? No. But was it much worse than you would expect? I don't think so. DannyO was just luck. There are a limited number of top QBs in the country. They really are. The supply is not endless. Grabbing one of them is difficult. We saw one at OK in the Fiesta. That kid was exceptional. O'Brien at MD is exceptional. But they're exceptional for good reason - there's not a lot of others like them. They are the cream. And, sadly, they are not clamoring for a Uconn scholly. Anyway, I think the QB situation looks good with Nebrich, McCummings, and Cochrane. Need a little time to develop from here. We'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom