Should we guess the attendance Saturday? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Should we guess the attendance Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I hate to say this, but if this was a USMNT soccer game - it would be sold out regardless of temp and conditions. CT FB folks on a whole would be more happy with a dome, I am not one of them, I own rain gear and cold weather wear.
A USMNT game is a novelty so it's not a fair comparison. You also know you're getting to see a world class level of soccer. Given our season, most will find UConn not worth the entertainment dollars or the effort it takes. My group is discussing who's going, but I could guarantee this discussion would not be happening if the team was playing for something.
Did anyone receive an email about discounted tickets plus a soda and dog with every ticket? I thought I did but can't find it. Anyone have the details?

Reaction Score
A USMNT game is a novelty so it's not a fair comparison. You also know you're getting to see a world class level of soccer. Given our season, most will find UConn not worth the entertainment dollars or the effort it takes. My group is discussing who's going, but I could guarantee this discussion would not be happening if the team was playing for something.
Did anyone receive an email about discounted tickets plus a soda and dog with every ticket? I thought I did but can't find it. Anyone have the details?
$80 get you 4 seats 4 dogs and 4 small drinks. I'm not the primary ticket holder but I think they send me emails since I donated to Jazz's memorial.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
$80 get you 4 seats 4 dogs and 4 small drinks.
I'm not the primary ticket holder either. I got it as an alumni or from getting tickets to the Hockey game with BC.
What continues to bother me about these promotions is that it rewards the casual fan by giving them more for their money than the sucker season ticket holder gets. That's BS in my book. If we were smart, which we're not, we wouldn't get season tickets at all and just wait for the promotional prices for the individual games. That's the lesson they're teaching me.

Reaction Score
Won't be going. Rain doesn't help the cause. Thank you to those who offered. I would love to be at this one.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Herbstreit just said on Gameday that "they're expecting 4 to 5 thousand" when discussing the game today. Wow. Any publicity is good publicity?

Reaction Score
Herbstreit just said on Gameday that "they're expecting 4 to 5 thousand" when discussing the game today. Wow. Any publicity is good publicity?

Ugh.

Reaction Score
I'm not the primary ticket holder either. I got it as an alumni or from getting tickets to the Hockey game with BC.
What continues to bother me about these promotions is that it rewards the casual fan by giving them more for their money than the sucker season ticket holder gets. That's BS in my book. If we were smart, which we're not, we wouldn't get season tickets at all and just wait for the promotional prices for the individual games. That's the lesson they're teaching me.
100% agreed.

Reaction Score
Just tuned in. Looks like about 5,000. But we won the toss!

Reaction Score
Halftime about 5000. I just left because obviously Diaco is only interested in teaching for the next 10 years and not winning. I'm cold and leaving.

Reaction Score
Left at halftime as well. Pretending game ended at halftime and we won 20-6. This is pathetic.

Reaction Score
if connecticut reports more than 500 in attendance then you know their reporting measures are total BS. 500 actual people in the stands would be a miracle at this point

Reaction Score
Announced attendance (per ESPN box score) is 22,921. Wow, talk about a load of crap

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Announced attendance (per ESPN box score) is 22,921. Wow, talk about a load of crap
I love how people on here like to blame other schools for bloating their attendance records as opposed to actual butts in seats but when we do it, it's a terrible travesty to humanity. SMH at some people here.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So in case you were wondering if the Athletic Department is full of it.

Halfway through last season they switched to announcing actual attendance.

Halfway through this season they switched to announcing tickets distributed.

What an absolute bunch of losers. No wonder the program is a tire fire.

Reaction Score
Tough to gauge with so many people behind the line but no way was there more than 10k at any point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom